A tear slide down my cheeks and I felt a presence behind me. When I look behind me, there was no one there but I can still feel his presence. I smile and wipe the tears away before running to bathroom and took a quick shower. When I step out, Brian was waiting on the bed with the picture frame on his hands. “I miss them already.”

“Me too” I said and sat next to him.

After Brian’s shower, we went back to the pack house. Amber runs to me and said in concern. “I need to take that spell of her now or else it will have a big effect on her but her mate isn’t letting anyone else come near her not even her parents or her twin.”

“Stay away from her!” Jerome yelled at Mitch who was trying to calm him down. He rocks and gently stroke Mikki’s cheek. “Please baby, you need to snap out of this.”

“Mikki is under a spell which also means she can’t just snap out of it like she’s in daze, Jerome.” I said which earn a glare from him.

“How the hell would you know?” He snaps at me who earn him quite a lot of growls not only from Brian but also my personal guards which seem to confuse Jerome.

“Listen to me Jerome carefully. Mikki had been under a spell twice in less than a month. That short period of time will take a big impact to her mental health so if I was you, I’ll let Amber take the spell off her now!”

Jerome looked at me then to Mikki’s parents who nod their head and Mitch begs him to let Amber do her job. Hesitantly, he gave Mikki to Mitch who laid her on her bed where Amber is waiting for her. Amber gave me a quick nod while I nod to my guards. They quickly move and secure Jerome who starts trashing around but it become worse when Mikki’s body start to jerk around and she let out a piercing scream.

This time, Emma didn’t struggle to be close to her daughter. She only whimper and cried while Nathan and Mitch hold onto her but Jerome continues to curse at us and struggle off my guard’s grip.

When Mikki stops screaming and started to pant instead for air, Leo runs to Amber in time to catch her fall. He quickly places his forehead against Amber’s forehead and Amber let out a sigh of relief.

“What are they doing?” Lee asks

“Using ancient spells or countering a strong spell takes a lot of energy. If witches still haven’t found his or her mate they will be bed-resting for at least four days or a week but if they have found their mate, they can get their energy back faster by place their forehead against each other.” I explain.

“I don’t get why it has to be the forehead.”

“Third eye” That’s all I said before walking next to the bed to Mikki who blink a couple of times. “How are you feeling?”

“I f-feel tired.” She said. I look at my guard and they let Jerome go who run to Mikki’s side. “W-what are y-you d-doing h-here? W-when did y-you get h-here?” She stutters.

“Shhhh. Its okay baby, I’m here now and that’s wants matter. Just rest, okay?” Jerome said stroking her hair. Mikki smiles and nod quickly before closing her eyes.

“We should give does two a bit of privacy.” I said. Nathan and Mikki seem reluctant to leave but end up sighing in defeat and left. “She’s safe now.” I said to them which Emma nod and gave me a tight hug. “Thank you.” She whispers before leaving. Nathan nod to me with a smile before following his mate.

“Are you sure, she’s okay now?” Mitch said. I look behind me and look at Mitch sadly. “What is it? Come on tell me!”

“Your sister’s physical health won’t be the same anymore.” Amber answered for me instead. Leo had decided to carry Amber which I don’t blame him for because Amber is still in her weak form. “She’s been exposed to two different type of spell both old and powerful spells. That kind of spell is now forbidden due to the side effect of it and what worse is, the longer they are exposed to it, and the body can’t take it.”