lll ♡

Uellie walked happily into school the next day. The conversation she had with her mother this morning was fresh in her mind. For the first time in a long time they talked about her father, generating old wounds. Uellie and her mothers close relationship made it easier for them to talk about her fathers death. Their conversation also featured a certain gorgeous blue eyed teenager. She smiled thinking about his name. As if on cue Aiden walks up and covers Uellie's eyes.

"guess who?" He asks

she laughs at his silliness "I clearly saw you walk up to me Aiden, you're so backwards"

"You're no fun" he fake pouts taking his hands off her chocolate colored orbs.

"How was your night?" she asks, linking their arms together

"It was good, what about yours?"

"It was" she paused to think of the appropriate word "refreshing."

Aiden glimpses at Uellie giving her a puzzled look in the process.

"Ok.." he trails unsure of what she meant but not bothering to ask for clarification.

"We better get to first period" Uellie says as she walks faster hoping Aiden would get the hint. When they arrive at his class Aiden winks at Uellie before going in.

"Try not to miss me so much bighead" she laughs sticking her tongue out at him. Aiden entered the class room with his simplistic swagger earning greetings from students already in class. Uellie shook her head. Her class is not that far from his, only three doors down.

Walking into class Uellie spots her best friend Faith sitting in her normal seat. The two had been friends since diaper days, they'd grown up together.

"Flirting with Mr.Hot stuff I see" Faith snickers.

"Shut up" Uellie blushes. She silently thanks God for her dark complexion that makes her blush unnoticeable.

The two talk about the conversation Uellie had with her mother this morning and their texts about Aiden last night. Uellie was falling fast for Aiden and she was okay with that. Their conversation died down when Ms.Linda began the lesson for today.

Class after Class Uellie and Faith would meet Aiden in the hallway to talk. They even sat at a table along with some more of their friends at lunch. Faith was happy to see her best friend happy, she hadn't seen her like this in a while.

The day passed with ease before the trio knew it school was being dismissed.

"Bye faith, text me" Uellie shouted to her best friend who was standing across the hall. A couple of teachers gave her disapproving looks. She turned around embarrassed only to be bumped down by Aiden.

"you just keep falling for me." he beam helping Uellie back to her feet.

"I guess this means I owe you one." she grins back. Uellie was not sure the flirting came from all of a sudden but she was happy none-the-least.

"Like a date?" he pressed with a curious glace.

Uellie's eyes got big. She had to make sure she heard him correctly. The most popular guy in school was asking her on a date. It felt like yesterday she was just another student that not a lot of people knew but now she was being talked to by people she had never spoken to before. It instantly dawned upon her that this was popularity. She tried her best to gather her words before saying "sure."