l ♡

Beginnings

The faint winter weather kissed Uellie's skin with a chill, it was early January, and the sun was no where to be found. Lakeview, Washington's forecast fell at a crisp 35 degrees today. Everyone was wrapped in their winter attire; bulky coats had been withdrawn from the closets of many citizens back in December. The clock in Uellie's math class told the time of 11:15 in the morning, meaning lunch was near. Uellie smiled to herself as her mind wandered off to the meal her mother prepared the previous night; it was her favorite. She packed it today in a creme colored container for lunch, being that she enjoyed every scrumptious bite she tasted last night of the delicious meal.

She had already finished the worksheet that was assigned for the class period, along with the homework. Math was a subject that came relatively easy to her and she understood what was being taught most of the time. Her teacher, Mrs. Yeild, sat at her opaque bronze colored desk with her pale legs crossed. She appeared to be grading papers of some sort; her glasses rested on the edge of her nose. Uellie vacillated whether to turn in her work being class would end in ten minutes. Her mind was made up after a little time passed and she got up carefully to turn in the paper, hoping she would not trip over a speck of dust because she was clumsy. Before her journey half way down the isle her name was being called causing her to turn in the direction it was coming from. She swallowed a lump in her throat when her eyes landed on the body the voice belonged to.

His piercing blue eyes were curved up while his perfect rosy lips displayed a friendly smile. A wave of confusion presented itself on Uellie's face, her and Aiden weren't exactly friends. In their whole school careers she could count how many conversations they've shared on one hand. She admitted he was very attractive. He was an even mix of muscular and slim due to the sports he played. His hair was jet black giving him the amazingly hence bad boy look. She chuckled just thinking about it, earning the curious glace of Aiden. Her reply was a cheesy grin. Finally arriving at his wooden desk she spoke

"Yes?" she asked politely making sure to add an extra hint of sweetness in her voice.

"I need your help" he laughed while rotating his number two pencil in his fingers "that's, if you want to help me." This caused a few heads to snap their way

The comment made her blush and she knew exactly why, its not every day the hottest and most popular guy in school asks you for help. Due to her mocha complexion the blush was not noticeable. Right before she could reply, the bell signalling lunch interrupted her. An unknown emotion flashed over face, but Uellie paid no attention to it.

"Later?" she asked

"Later." was his reply, his notebook and pencil case was neatly tucked away in his mint green Jansport book bag. Uellie was packed by this time, so she handed the completed math paper to Mrs. Yeild and exited the classroom with jumbled thoughts.

They became more jumbled when she noticed who was waiting outside the door for her, it was Aiden.