10th | Tulips & Roses

"What? Elaine is Damian's sister? Wow!" Felix yelled.  His voice was so loud that it bounced off my bedroom walls several times.

"I know, right? This is messed up..."  I threw my arms up in frustration.  "All of this is just a ruse!"

Felix calmed down.  "But now that you know Damian is single, you can open up to him."

"Felix, I have no idea about his feelings towards me."  I started pacing around the room.  "It was always 'Elaine this', 'Elaine that'... Now, it's completely unfounded!  I don't know what to believe anymore."

"You can find him."

"And then what?"  I stopped and stood still.  "I cannot just confront him and demand for his affection."

"Would it be easier if he comes over?"  Felix held up his phone.  "I can call him."

I stared at him miserably.  "No..."

"Ally, you can't stay in this room forever.  Sooner or later, you'll have to get out there and face him."

"I don't know..."  I buried my face in my hands.  "Can you head out for a while? I need some alone time."

"Sure."  Felix gave me a curt nod.

Alright, guys.  I need your advice.  I messaged my head.  What should I do?

Perhaps you should take your mind off of him.  The right side of my brain responded.

How?

Take a shower, get changed and get out of here.  Lefty suggested.  You've been hiding from the shop for too long.  The florist business cannot flourish without you.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

"There you go, Carol."  I placed a basket of fresh carnations onto her lap with care.

"Thank you so much, dear."  Caroline gave me a toothless beam.  "You know what? I can now move around the house without my wheelchair!"

"That's fantastic!"  I couldn't help but clap my hands in excitement.

Jeffrey, however, was not impressed.  "My wife could've just walked here all by herself.  If I hadn't insisted on wheeling her in, she wouldn't be able to get here without obstructing the traffic."

"One day, Jeff, I will walk faster than you."  Carol flashed her husband a menacing stare.  "Just you wait."

"I certainly hope so..."  Jeffrey murmured. 

Carol ignored him.  "Ally, my dear," She pointed at the basket and asked, "Did you forget the ribbon?"

"Oh, I'm so sorry."  I smiled at her apologetically.  "Let me fix it."

"You're distracted, I see."  Carol grinned knowingly at me while I secured a bow around the handle.  "Is it about that boy again? Has there been any progress lately?"

"Nothing is going on between us."  I sighed and shook my head.

"I'm sure there is definitely something happening between you two."  Jeffrey tried to help.  "It's just nothing is going well within your expectations.  Am I right?"

"Tell me the truth, Ally."  Carol folded her hands around mine - like I always did with hers.  "Do you like him?"

"I cannot deny that."  I stared at the floor and pursed my lips.

"Why don't you confess your feelings to him?"

"I can't do that now, can I?"  I snorted.  "It's not like he's standing behind me or something..."