Chapter 12

Puck's P.O.V

"It is the Reds. They are back, and they tried to get Meghan." I say to the Erkling.

His eyes widen a bit and he turns a little paler than usual.

"How many?"

"Lots."

"Wait, just a second! What are the 'Reds'? What is trying to get me!?" Meghan says breaking into our conversation. When I announced the news of the Reds coming back, Oberon moved us to his throne room where he could be sure no bogey was listening.

The Erkling turns toward her.

"Daughter, I will explain later. Not now."

"No!" Meghan shouts and steps forward, taking me and Oberon by surprise. "I have kept quiet long enough! Now somebody is going to start explaining or I am going to walk out that door and I won't come back!"

Well this should turn out great.

"Oh, so you think since your Oberon's daughter, you get to yell at him? Princess, you have grown a pair." I say, smirking at her. She turns her body towards mine and gives me a dumb look.

"Meghan...I know you think your ready for this information but, you might not be." I say, serious again. Her face had shock written all over it. "All I am saying, Princess. Is that be ready, you might hear some shocking stuff."

"Goodfellow, is right daughter." Meghan turned her gaze on Oberon and straightened herself. She nodded to the Erkling and he sighed.

"Long ago, these people who bore the colors black and gray, would stop at nothing until they had you in their grasp. Once they figured out you were my daughter this only made it harder. Every night their leader would send about 10 people to your house to get you. We suspected this was because she didn't have a lot of soldiers, so she had to use them sparingly. We were wrong." He stops, looking old and regretful before he covered it up again.

"Goodfellow and I kept them away for as long as we could. Until one night they came in waves of more than twenty. We tried to keep you all safe but failed, and they got away with capturing you and your family." He pauses, and we both take the time to look at Meghan to see how she was processing this. Her face was towards the ground but she had this bright aura around her that gave away her irritated feeling. I looked at the Erkling, nodding my head for him to continue.

"We managed to get your family back, easily. Getting you back was the hard part. The leader of this group, she put some type of chip in your head and was controlling you from it. She was making you fight us, and we could not do anything about it. She tasked Goodfellow with fighting the rest of her army whilst I was stuck fighting her. Her body moved gracefully with each swing of the sword she took, until she finally hit me with something that had knocked me unconscious...Goodfellow was our last resort. He swore he would not hurt you during that battle so instead of battling he made a deal to-"

"Ahem! Woah! Wouldn't you say that is enough, Your Highness?" I asked not wanting Meghan to know what I had to do. Oberon straightened in his seat and looked to me.

"My apologies, Goodfellow. Would you like to tell the rest to her?" I stiffened and gave my head a small shake.

"Puck....!" Meghan warned.

"What I had to do, is very unnecessary. It does not need to be told." I heard Meghan's footsteps walking over to the door. The Erkling looked from me to Meghan and then back to me.

"GOODFELLOW!" His voice shook the whole ground and I jumped about 2 inches in the air. The torches around us started buzzing everywhere

"Alright, Alright!" I sighed. "You give a Princess a voice and she uses it as a sword." I whisper. I see Meghan appear next to me, and I look her in the eyes. "The deal I had to make, is none of your business. K?" She looked shocked but nodded.

I sighed again. "These people...we call them the Reds because all they care about is kill and love. Just like the Erkling said, one night they captured your family. I was able to get your family back without a problem. But then the leader...she was trying to make me kill you. She made me think I could get the chip out of your head by knocking it out. But I convinced myself-" Somebody cleared there throat and I looked to them and I plastered a fake smile on. "Your father convinced me that I was wrong. And that she was playing with my emotions. The only way to get that chip out of your head was if I made a deal with her. So I did." Meghan shook her head, trying to take in all that I had just said.

"Wait does Ash know this?" She asked. I winced.

"Erm....No." I said, scratching the back of my neck. "Meghan, this was longgg ago. Back when you didn't even know Ash."

"So? He's my boyfriend. He deserves the right to know." She started towards the throne doors but I grab her arm, turning her back towards me.

"I would advise against that, Princess."

"Puck, we are going to tell Ash and that is final." She said.
I shook my head, knowing she was not going to change her mind.

"Alright then, Mrs. Bossypants. Can't say I didn't warn ya." She smiled at me and I winked at her.

She turned to the Erkling. "We will be back later." She said, waving towards him. He nodded and was about to say something but all the lights went out. The lights came on seconds later, and I looked around to make sure everything was where it was supposed to be. Everything was fine. When I looked next to me my heart stopped. Meghan was gone!

Meghan's P.O.V

All I remember is the lights going out and being knocked upside the head. Then I blacked out. I open my eyes and see a woman dressed in all red in front of me. I am sitting in a chair, tied up.

"Ah, your awake!" Her voice was high. "Meghan Chase, I have a warning for you.... Stay away from Ash and Puck."

I was getting tired of these people telling me what to do.

"And if I don't?"

She smiled from ear to ear and her face freaked me out a little.

"Well then I would have to kill them of course!"