1.2 - The New Boy in School

Start from the beginning

~ 8 ~

Later on, getting towards night, Olivia was just putting the finishing touches on her outfit by throwing on her usual jacket. She never really liked dressing up, but she wanted to look nice. After looking back through the day – she really hit a huge milestone. She got through the first school day and to her, that's big. As far as she was concerned, it should get easier each day she went back. The first day's always the hardest.

"Jenna, I'm gonna go meet Elena, Bonnie and Caroline now!" She called to her Aunt who she could hear in the kitchen, prepping herself some dinner. As far as she knew, Jeremy was also hanging out at the Grill, or around ... she wasn't really too sure. He had sort of just mumbled a reply, even her hearing couldn't fathom it out.

"Wait!" Jenna yelled. She suddenly came running in, seeing her niece standing by the front door gathering her bag. She tried to look stern, even placing her hands on her hips. She pointed a finger at the younger girl, "Don't you and your sister stay out too late ... it's a school night."

Olivia chuckled at her Aunt's actions, nodding along, "Don't worry, Jen." She waved an arm in acknowledgment. "We'll be home in time for our five hours' sleep."

Jenna rolled her eyes, "Just don't be too late." She reminded before walking back into the kitchen.

Olivia just shook her head, smiling along at how well Jenna was actually faring out. She turned to the front door, hooking the shoulder strap over her head before turning the knob of the door – opening it wide. Then her own eyes went wide with a stifled gasp, noticing someone standing there, and not just someone. Stefan Salvatore. The mystery guy both Elena and Caroline had been telling her details about.

How did she not hear him approach the door?

Stefan seemed to catch her off guard, his hand was caught in mid-air towards the door in it had been closed. "Sorry," He apologised, seeing her startled by his presence. "I was just about to knock."

Olivia blinked, wondering if he was really there.

When he got no reply, he continued. "I had just come to apologise to your sister for my disappearing act earlier."

"Oh," Olivia finally uttered with remembrance, thinking back to what her sister said when she had actually met the guy. She had been down over at the graveyard writing in her journal, sitting next to mom and dad. She was pretty shaken for a moment when Olivia had arrived back home.

Luckily Elena had cleaned and covered that bloodied scab before her sister got a whiff of it.

"It's okay." She finally told him, looking a little bit less tense at the thought of Elena's blood. "I get it; blood isn't something I'm too good with either." She said honestly.

"How's is her leg?" Stefan tried to keep the conversation going.

Olivia smiled at the question, not being able to help but feel okay within his presence, "Turns out it was just a small scratch. Should heal pretty fast." Then something suddenly popped into her mind and she frowned curiously, "How did you know where we lived?"

"It's a small town," He answered after a moment, "I asked the first person I saw." Olivia made note that he never looked away from her face and her undead heart fluttered.

"Ah, right." That made sense, everyone in Mystic Falls knew where everyone lived.

"Oh!" Stefan exclaimed, remembering about something else as to why he had come – although, it hadn't been the main reason. He just wanted an excuse to see Olivia again. He brought out a familiar green book to Olivia, holding it out. "I thought your sister might want this back – she must have dropped it before bumping into me." He held out Elena's journal.