Chapter Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

“Amazing! Even though you were balled up in a corner being the baby you are.” She said. I glared at her before she took off running.

~Ellie~

I was running away from Vic who was now chasing me through the sand. I’m screaming and giggling like a little girl as I run to the waves, running past sufers and jet skis.

“Baby come back!!!!”

“NO!!!!” I screamed as the waves came up to my waist. Vic grabbed me and lifted me in the air. “VICCCC!!!!!!” he twirled me around as the wave knocked us down.

“AH!” Vic swam to me and crashed his lips to mine, the water shoving us close together. My fingers combed his wet hair as his hands circled around my torso.

We lay on the beach, it’s well past midnight. The guys had checked on us earlier, dropped off extra clothes, and went to bed. The buses don’t leave until morning since the next stop in California isn’t but a couple hours’ drive. The moon has a beautiful light reflecting off the ocean.  We’ve been dating for two weeks. Touring is stressful, but somehow we make it through. I don’t want to say I’m in love with him. It wouldn’t quite be an under estimate. I find it cute how his blue long sleeved sweater and black pants are stuck to his soaked body. I wouldn’t mind getting under those clothes, but as usual, Vic probably wouldn’t feel that way. Its two weeks before we can be together again, but even then my band has to get ready to release our first album since so many people loved our EP. Then a week later, our off week, we have to fly out to L.A for our record deal and possible music video, and then when we come back, we’re off to another city for the tour. After that, it’s our headline tour. So basically, this our only night together. I groan and turn to Vic who’s looking at me.

“What?” I ask. Barley a whisper. I want to take in his beauty before it disappears from me for a while. His brown eyes pool into mine, the moon just a tiny dot in his eyes.

“Just admiring your beauty.” I swear if it was bright enough, he could’ve seen the blush in my cheeks.

“How am I beautiful? My face is bruised beneath the makeup. I’m hopping place to place from my ankle. Even my own ex-boyfriend left me without any reason.” I say referring to Austin. “If anything I’m far from beautiful.”

“You’re right.” He says. I knew it! I’m always the one to drive people away. God, why do I even try? “You’re far from beautiful because beautiful is an underestimate. There is no word to describe how pretty you are.” I sigh and turn my attention to Vic. I hate to say it, but our relationship is strained. There’s too much work to be done and on top of that, I have ex-boyfriend problems and argh! I want to pull my hair out of my head and scream to the top of my lungs.

“Vic, we-”

“I know. But let’s enjoy this last few minutes together.” He kisses the top of my head and we snuggled there on the beach. The tide comes up to our necks, but we didn’t move. When we bid our goodbyes, we hugged for a long time.

“This is harder than I thought.” I say.

“Yeah. I’ve never been broken up before. Cheated, yeah.”

“I’ve never broken up with someone. Dumped, yeah.”

“It’s not goodbye though. Only as a couple.”

“Duh.” I punch his arm. He took my arm and kissed the scars on my skin.

“I kissed the scars on her skin. I still think you’re beautiful and I don’t wanna ever lose my best friend.” He whispers in my ear.

“This is it, when it’s done we can say that, oh my god we’re not gonna make it.” He chuckled.

“Why are we quoting A Match Into Water?” he asks.

“Because believe it or not, we were literally a match into water.” I say referring to the beach. “But promise me one thing.” I say.

“Anything.”

“If someone tries to hurt me, promise you say this “Stay away from her she’s mine, it’s not her time.” It would mean a lot.”

“You want me to say it to Austin?” he asked.

“Yeah.” I squeaked. “But mainly Alan.” He nodded before kissing my cheek.

“See you around.”

“See you around!” I called after him. I walked on the bus and flopped on the couch. I didn’t care if I’m soaking wet. I think I just lost the one thing that meant the world to me. I drag m wet self to my room and write down 3 songs I want on the album.

Stuck On You

Beautiful Lie

Life As We Know It

Our album. Gosh the stress. Who knew getting your career started would be so much stress. Well, at least the stress of a relationship is one less thing to worry about. My phone buzzed in my wet bra and I take it out, wiping off boob sweat.

“Hello?”

“HEY!” it was  Ben our other manager. We have two managers in total, but Ben is a little more laid back.

“I got you guys a touring band-slash-buddy! So whenever you guys can’t play, they’ll fill in for you!” he exclaimed.

“Great. Who?”

“Well, wait! They’re gonna be at Warped next year and since you guys won’t be the rookie band anymore, try to make friends with them Ellie. Especially the clean vocalist. They’re gonna be staying with you guys, on the same bus and there’s plenty of room. No complaints. Actually they’re here now.”

“Who?!” I snap. I’m not in the mood for meeting people.

“We Came As-”

*Knock. Knock.......BANG!*

“Hold that thought.” I groan and drag my wet self from the bed. I walk to the entrance of the bus and the scene unfolds in front of me. Not only is my band gawking at them, my eyes can’t seem to leave the guy’s eyes. He has a bass guitar in his hand and he is staring right at me. the other people have guitars in their hands or drum sticks. Each though has a small bag of clothes. The man in the front with the shaggy brown hair is cute. Not as cute as the guy staring at me with the short brown hair, but cute.

“Hi! That’s David Stephens with the rhythm guitar our unclean vocals, Joshua Moore our lead guitarist, brain a.k.a Lou with the other rhythm guitar, Eric Choi who plays drums, Andy Glass who plays bass and I’m Kyle Pavone. I’m the clean vocals for We Came As Romans.”