An Irish Twist : Chapter 3

Hey guys :D

So new chapter and this is my favourite out of them all so far :D hope you like

Enjoy xx <3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3

"Are you ok Roxanne?" the concerned voice asked.

"Errr... yeah fine thanks. Sorry I bumped into you like that."

"That's ok, you going anywhere?"

"Yeah I've got a driving lesson. I best be going actually or I'll be late."

"Oh ok. Well have fun and I might see you later."

I walked away to meet my driving instructor who was waiting for me at the bus bay. I was actually slightly early so I just sat down on the warm, lush grass and waited.

I was still in shock to be honest. I mean he was so nice to me. I'd never heard him concerned before it was weird.

And what did he mean when I'd 'see him later'? did he want to see me? Or did he mean it in general?

Guys are so confusing and they never tell you how they really feel.

Treat them mean, keep them keen is their motto and how stupid can you be to actually treat someone like that. Do they not care about our feelings? If a guy ever treated me mean I'd knee them where it hurts and let them know how it feels.

I couldn't get it out of my mind. It played on me throughout the entire driving lesson. It didn't effect my driving but it just messed with me. It's all I could think about.

School was just finishing when I got back. I met the others at the bus bay before they all got on their buses.

"Hey Rox how was your driving lesson?" asked Michelle.

"It was ok was a bit..." I paused as I saw him walk pass. He smiled as he walked by.

"Rox! Are you ok"

"Sorry Stacey."

"What were you looking at?" asked Cal

I looked over to where he had been standing. I caught his eye just as he was about to turn around the corner. He turned his head slightly and...

* WINK *

"OMG! Did he just wink at you?" a baffled Michelle asked.

"I... I think so."

"Are you sure he doesn't like you?" Aaron asked in a quizzing way.

"Well we did bump into each other earlier. He was really nice to me and said he'd see me later."

"Wow that's not like him. Maybe he's changed over the summer." replied a thoughtful Stacey.

* Later that evening *

I pulled on my shorts and slipped on my sports top and kitted myself up ready to go to footy training.

It had started raining an hour ago so I wore a jumper and a waterproof coat on top.

It always rained when we had training, it was as if it knew we were going to train so rained to test us.

"Why are you training on a night like this?"

Dad never liked it when I had to go to training and it was raining. He thought it was pointless and stupid.

"Well we have a game this weekend so we are just having a bit of practice that's all."

"Guess I've got to take you then?"

"yes please." I smiled with innocence on my face.

I tied my silk, brown hair into a high pony tail and swept my fringe to the side and clipped it back with a black clip.

I jumped in the car and set off on the three mile journey, from where we lived, to the rugby pitches just out of town where we trained and played our games.

Our team was a mixture of people from around the area. The team varied in age from 16 to mid 40s. We were a determined team that didn't let defeats get to us. We weren't the best of teams but we always had a laugh.

We did the usually stuff: laps, stretches, passing practice, volley's, possession and for a bit of fun cross-bar challenge.

We'd been training for an hour and I could see the youth rugby team training as well. I knew most of them from school so tried not to pay attention to them.

When training was over, I walked up to the car park to meet dad. As I was walking past the youth's training, I could hear someone calling my name. I couldn't see who it was because of the flood lights but I turned and waved but carried on walking.

As soon as I got home, I went straight for a bath to relax and warm up.

I stuck on an Olly Murs CD and ran myself a bath. I sang along knowing all the words and making some up.

My phone buzzed but I left it until I was out of the bath and dressed.

I completely forgot about the text and as soon as remembered about it Becca called me.

"Hey Becca how are you?"

"Fine thanks Rox you?"

"Not too bad at. What did ya want deary?"

"Oh yeah. Did you hear about Rosetta?"

"No why? What she done now?"

"No not what she done... who."

"Seriously? Again?"

"Yeah apparently, she asked him to help her with her Welsh Bac at her's and well you know."

"Wow. Do guys not get used to her lines. I mean she always wants help with work. Who was it this time?"

"Well shall I just say it's your best friend." she replied sarcastically.

"Oh." I was slightly disappointed seen as he'd been so nice to me before my driving lesson.

"Roxy you ok? You gone quiet."

"Oh sorry Bec. Just a bit shocked."

"Has something happened with you two?"

"Well sort of. But it ain't that big. We bumped into each other, literally, before my diving lesson earlier and he was so kind and concerned. it was weird but it kinda felt right."

"Wow now that really doesn't sound like him. Maybe he's changed? but then again, maybe he wants attention."

"I think you're right Becca but there was something different about him."

"Don't get your hopes up babe. You deserve way better than him." I could tell by her voice that she meant it and it put a smile on my face.

"Cheers Bec you always know how to cheer me up."

"That's what I'm here for. Got to go now Rox, will speak to you tomorrow and have a good chat."

"See ya Becca." I hung up the mobile and looked at the screen.

I opened the text message but I didn't recognise the number.

Hey Roxanne =) you did well at training tonight! Sorry I couldn't speak to you but I did like my wave off you ;) see ya tomoz gorgeous x.x 

OH...MY...GOD... 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So another cliff hanger for you there ;) hope you found it interest and remember please vote and comment

xx <3