1st Feather

When a person dies, he or she would go to afterlife.

... But what does lie in the afterlife? Is there really such thing as heaven? Hell? Well, no one will really know. We can only make assumptions.

One of our assumptions is the concept of guardians of heaven called angels. We say that once we are dead, an angel would guide us towards the gates of what we call eternal paradise.

An angel is often described as a pure being clad in white. They are spiritual beings superior to humans in power and intelligence.

...But I met my angel not in the afterlife but in this harsh and cruel world.

'I'm not an angel~ I think I'm a giraffe dissected in a cross-section!~' He would say with his grin.

He was brute, childish, irrational, and rash. With these negative aspects comes one attitude that makes up for them. He is pure. Pure as the color of white.

He wears a white dress shirt topped with a jumper. He was pale and it suits his snow white hair adorned with cute, crimson hairpins. His peculiar crimson eyes shows a glint of insanity but nevertheless, they are the most beautiful orbs I have ever seen.

He was my angel. Actually, he was not my guide to heaven. In fact, he was the one stopping me from going there.

..No, he is not just my angel.

He is my fallen angel.

++++++

The familiar beeping sound of the machine can be heard in this empty white room where I lay. A needle was embedded in my hand that binds me to a dextrose.

I sighed. It's kind of lonely when I have no one to talk to. All I can do is sleep, sleep, and sleep. I wonder when they will allow me to live this medicine- stenched place?

I've been in this place for almost half of my entire life. I'm turning 18 soon and my health has not improved, not even the slightest bit. My legs have been very brittle since I spent majority of my time lying down on my hospital bed. I'm a hopeless case and I know it. To put it bluntly, I'm just waiting for my death to come. and to answer my question, I will never leave this medicine-stenched place.

But I am really desperate for something cool to happen in my life before I die. Come on. Just something.

"Attention. All patients and staff shall leave the premises. A ghoul have infiltrated the facility. It is advised to-" A loud scream was then heard.

...Too much for my wish.

I limply turned to the side and tried to hoist my body out the bed but as expected, my knees gave out and I came toppling down the floor.

...That hurts. I can feel some of my bones cracking. I can't move an inch.. Should I try crawling?

But the chance that I will be caught in the hallway is higher this way and I'll be a dessert in no time.

I weighed my options. Stay here or get out with these defective feet?

I didn't have time to think. The door opened, making a loud sound resonate in my room.

I looked up to see a man with blood covering his entire being. He was definitely not a human. He's a ghoul. A starving one to even make matters worse.

He had a sickening grin plastered on his face. I swear I could see a chunk of flesh in between his teeth.

"I found another delicious food!~" he licked his lips in delight.

I simply stared at the ghoul in front of me. I can't believe that I'll die like this. I thought that I'll die on my hospital bed but seems like fate really did plan my death to not be boring. Come on, I mean look! I'll die on the hospital floor instead of my bed! Thanks, fate!

Damn, I can't even run- my body won't allow me to do so!

I heaved a sigh before saying, "Are you sure you want me to eat me? Seriously. I might just taste like rotten vegetables."

That's true. I might be the unhealthy food a ghoul can eat.

He stared at me in amusement before answering, "Don't worry, I don't mind being vegetarian once in a whi-"

He suddenly stopped talking. His face held a surprised look.

I blinked, trying to absorb what's happening.. And that's when his head was neatly removed from his body.

It came falling to the side and rolled for a while. I watched it with mouth wide open until it came to a stop.

I looked back at the body who was still standing straight. The body appears to be shocked too.

I just saw a ghoul get his head decapitated from his body!

I can't do anything but gawk at the sight. This is so disgusting. I want to puke whatever I have eaten for breakfast.

Then something popped up the body.. It's another head... WHAT THE FU-

Oh. It's just a person behind the body.

"Ooooh. A survivor!~" He said, chuckling a bit as he pushed the headless body to the side.

He was wearing a white dress shirt topped with a jumper. He was pale and it suits his snow white hair adorned with cute, red hairpins. His peculiar crimson eyes shows a glint of insanity but nevertheless, they were the most beautiful orbs I have ever seen.

He was grinning while he crouched to my position.

"Are you alright?" He asked, setting his scythe on the ground while he checked on me.

"...Y-..Yes." I managed to choke out.

I'm speaking to a fellow human. He's covered in blood and all but he's a human. This is a new experience.

"Everything will be alright.. Okay?" He asked, closing his eyes and offering a smile as he carelessly lifted me up and placed me on the bed.

He chuckled. "You look weak a while ago..."

That's not nice. I know that I'm weak. No need to spit that on my face.

I frowned as he picked up his scythe and walked to the door.

What, he's just gonna leave after insulting me?

"It's cute." He joyfully continued.

...I don't know what to say now. I can feel my cheeks getting heated.

He twirled around and said, "I'm Juuzou Suzuya! Nice meeting you!~"

All I managed to do was mumbled out my name at that time.

I thought, 'It's not like I'll be meeting him anytime soon'

Oh my, just how can I be so wrong?

•••••••••••••••••••••••
(Bakamono: Yey~ This a Juuzou x Reader fic! Apparently, it's only a short one and will only have 5 chapters!~ I hope that you enjoyed the First Chapter! )