"The other side," he said, inclining his head towards my right. I switched the side. Brandon made an impatient noise. "A bit more up, to the left, to—can't you see it?"

"Of course I can't!" I snorted. "You do it." I pouted, waiting for him to do it.

I saw him hesitate. But then he noticed my amused and daring expression, urging him on. His demeanor changed. The glint in his eye spiked my heart rate, and it was now my turn to hesitate. He took a step forward, and I glanced around. No one was paying attention. But that didn't stop me from growing self-conscious. "Should I help you?" Brandon's voice was a husked whisper as he bent down to my eye level and placed a stray curl away from my face and behind my ear.

"No... now that I think about it—" I swallowed as Brandon scooted even more closer, "I'm okay with frost lipstick."

He raised his eyebrows, unconvinced. "I am not."

I expected his hand to come up and wipe it off. But instead, he leaned in closer, tilted his head towards left, his eyes focused on my lips. I craned my head away, not believing what he was doing, but unable to look away from his charismatic gaze. I swallowed when he was an inch away from me. Expecting him to laugh it off, or maybe finally wipe the frosting off by his hand. I was in for a surprise.

The proximity made my breath hitch, and I clutched the counter behind me. Everything went by too fast, but I was noticing it in grave detail. His mouth opened, and like a coward, I pursed my lips, too embarrassed to do anything else. That didn't deter him though. His breath fanned my face, and I snuggled in closer to myself, keeping away from him. I felt it before I realized it. A flick of wetness, by his tongue I assume, over my lips. I peeled open one eye, and I was right, as he licked away the frosting with his tongue. A shiver ran down my back, and I shut my eyes once again.

Without intending to, I opened my mouth with the unexpected gesture. I intended to tell him off, but he took advantage of my vulnerability and pecked my lips. My toes curled as the buttery mixture made the kiss a lot more soft and sensual, heightening the fell of his lips on mine. It lasted a mere two seconds. In fact, the whole ordeal was over within half a minute. The after-effects lasted a lot more instead.

Brandon took confident steps back. His hand brushed over his lips as if relishing in the previous sensation. My mouth hung open, when with a wink he licked his lips, slowly and definitely enticingly. I swallowed and looked around.

Damn female hormones!

I couldn't say we had not attracted attention. Whereas some team's dishes were being recorded for the broadcast, a few were casting us curious glances. Sarah particularly had a devilish grin on her face, and she winked at me when our eyes met. My ears burned, and with a flustered heart, I turned to Brandon.

He still had the cocky alpha male vibe coming off of him. I knew exactly how to deflate it. "You." I stabbed a finger on his chest. "Meet me after the competition."

"Why? Were we not going to otherwise?" I glared at him. He knew what I was talking about, yet he was jesting.

"Don't act coy, Mr. Brandon." I pursed my lips, narrowing my eyes at him.

He still acted innocent. "Wha-? What did I do?"

"Nothing," I said, doing a small snort at his petty act. He relaxed at my words, maybe thinking I had given up. As if.

I launched my proper attack. Like a predator assessing its prey, I measured Brandon up and down. In a casual tone, I started, "Bea's room is spacious, you know. With a beautiful view outside."

He titled his head, not understanding where I was going. "She asked me to move in with her."

With a pleased smile, I enjoyed Brandon's forlorn face. "What do you think? Should I say yes?"