21. Mango Yogurt

Satin pink platform heels, glittering skirt, a deep-brown lip, and that cunning look met my eyes. The floor-length skirt twinkled as the embroidered mirrors, crystals and bubbles met the flashing camera lights and cast glaring reflections on my face. I covered my eyes with a frown and glanced at her to see her smugly set her brown waves with practiced elegance. She assessed me with a scorn but made sure no one else could see it, and scanned my outfit in distaste. The satisfaction Bea and I had after putting so much effort in our attire died like a deflated balloon. My dress was meager in front of hers, but that wasn't something new.

Before Bella could open her mouth and ruin her perfect illusion and everyone's mood, I warned her. Do you seriously want to do this?" I hissed, but in the silence of the room and the music from all sides, my voice echoed.

"Tyler, sweetheart." She stepped closer and tried to intimidate me but I held my ground. Walking closer, she stopped inches from my face and if we hadn't had such a terrible history behind us, I might have taken this as her infatuation with me.

"Bella." My smile was so wide it made me dizzy to just hold it up. The abhorrence I felt for her ran deep in my veins, but if she wanted to put up the nice act for the camera, I would gladly deliver it tenfold. For a second surprise flickered in her eyes at my expression, but an evil glint took over as she assessed me in a new light and gave me an oh-so-small smirk.

Oh, let the games begin.

"Attention everyone!" A sweet voice blared through the speakers making me jump, and I flinched back. Bella smirked at her small victory and I ignored her to look towards the podium where a breathtaking lady stood in an emerald green dress.The palpable tension in the room dissipated and everyone shuffled to their allocated seats."I'm the host of this competition, Florence Drew."

She introduced herself and her teeth sparkled in the lights as she bathed in applause and whistles."For the inaugural ceremony, let me call upon the stage, Matt, Tony, and Cheng!"

My heart rate doubled as I saw the three master chefs going up on the stage. The reality hit me strong and Bea and I could only sit there star-struck. The judges carried an air of charm and spoke with such elegance, confidence, and glamor, that their voices had me in a trance.

Bea had to shake me to get me to focus again. "Tyler, they're calling the contestants up on the stage for an introduction. Don't act so dead," her forceful whisper was a splash of water on my face and I nodded. A few minutes later she nudged me and pointed to the Asian contestant on the stage. "Isn't that guy hot?"

"Oh... Is Francis already forgotten?" I jested, and she stumbled over her words.

"Francis is hot as well," she muttered, and I giggled at her cute response.

"Don't mock me Tyler." She pouted, and I shook my head, an easy smile playing on my lips.

"As you know, we have four special contestants now!" Florence announced and all sort of things started speed racing in my stomach.

"Let me introduce you to the second runner-up Patrick and his partner, Quinn." Both of them walked up to the stage and gave a brief introduction about themselves and then answered a few candid questions about food and their lifestyle. After them, it was Francis' turn.

"Now now, please hold your breath for the charming French boy, Francis!" The girls went wild with the hooting and I had to restrain Bea from jumping up and down on the chair along with others.

"Bea, sit back!" I tried to pull her back to the chair around the small table we were settled in but failed to do so. "Your hair will turn into a bird's nest at this rate."