The Spawns | Chapter IV -- Screaming Rape Would be Inappropriate

Start from the beginning

            I had missed this, I had missed my best friend. Her and Cole, they were my best friends, as simple as that.

            I sighed contently, and took a good look at her. Olive skin tone, dark brown almost black hair that looked silky usually but was now put up in a messy bun, a little braid on top of her head like a thin headband, narrow chin, small nose that people would pay a lot to have, dark brow almond shape eyes with long eyelashes around that were close for the moment, small lips, not plump ones, they were just very well define and fitted well with her face… delicate, yes delicate lips. She had delicate features. The kind you’d want to softly brush your fingers against.

            I smiled at her even though she couldn’t see it.

            “On a scale from one to ten, how happy are you right now,” I asked her and kissed the top of her head.

            “Try like, a trillion! Can you believe it? I’m finally out of that stupid boarding school! Finally.” She rested her chin on my shoulder to look in my eyes. “One more year Jay, I’m telling you, one more year and I was going to hang myself from the shower pole.”

            I chuckled. “I’m very happy we didn’t have to come to that.”

            “Me too,” she snorted soundlessly. “I’m too pretty to die. Honestly what’s wrong with my fathers? Okay I get it, they freak because I don’t have enough female company and all… but that’s not a reason to send me to an all girl boarding school. It’s not a place to get female role models; it’s a place to turn lesbian!” I burst laughing. “Stop laughing!” She slapped my stomach. “It’s true! There are no boys! What are you suppose to do to fill the hole?”

            I closed my eyes and made a whining noise. “God dammit Mai, I swear you’re crazy!”

            “I know.” Her tone was overly proud there. “And don’t worry, I didn’t switch team, I’m still keeping my lesbian experiences for college. This year baby. I promised Cole he could watch,” she grinned showing all her crystal white teeth.

            I looked at her, and shook my head in discouragement. “Sometimes I wonder why you two are my best friends.”

            “Shut up,” she punched my chest this time “you don’t, you love us,” she smooched her lips at me.

            I chuckled. “Yeah, I really do.”

            Mai rested her head against my shoulder again. “I missed you Cutie,” she whispered. “You know, talking on the phone isn’t the same thing as actually being with you.”

            “I know.” I squeezed her a bit. “I missed you too. Feels like there’s always someone missing when you’re not there with us.”

            She was silent for a second and then she sighed, resting her chin on my shoulder again. “Alright, enough of the sweet tender moment, we’re starting to sound like an old couple or something,” she grinned. I laughed again and held her tighter. “Lil’s at her dance practice,” she asked.

            I nodded. “Yeah.”

            “Man, I missed her too,” she shook her head, her eyes a far-away look.

            “Me too…”

            “So?” She grinned, her happy mood in full mode, “How’s it going with the ladies?” I grabbed a pillow and covered my face, groaning and laughing humourlessly. She poked me in the ribs “What?”