Chapter 1 (General)

Disclaimer:
(I will only do this once) I have not yet won a plane ticket for being naturally amazing, flown to Japan, and used my genjutsu to fool all of Shonen Jump to giving me Naruto. So, unfortunately, I do not own Naruto. (As you can tell, this is very realistic -.- XD) (I also do not own the cover art)
"I can't wait to see him," Sakura said to herself, speeding through the lush green trees. It was as if the whole forest was rejoicing, lively and joyful. The girls had returned from a three-month long mission today. 'I hope he'll be pleased to see me.' A blur sped in front of her, and looked back at her, smiling softly.
"Hello, Sakura-chan." Hinata said, as gentle and sweet as ever. Her lovely dark hair flowed out behind her. It had grown quite a bit since our Genin days, but Sakura liked it. It made her seem so much more mature and pretty. Of course, with her short hair, she'd looked innocent and sweet, but you know, people change.
"Hi, Hinata-chan! Why are you so late? I half-expected you to be there already!" Sakura asked, smiling cheerily.
"Yeah! Tell us, Hinata, and I'll tell you why I'm this late to something this important." A blur with a streak of blonde said, coming to run next to them. Her bubbly attitude was contagious, and all girls couldn't help but laugh.
"Can I join in the party?" A voice hailed them, and joined them anyways. Tenten grinned at them, her outgoing and confident attitude showing. The other girls were staring in shock, causing Tenten's grin to slowly fall.  "What?" Tenten said, scrunitizing their reaction. They'd all stopped, crouched on a tree branch.
"It's just the fact that...your hair's down. You never have it down, Tenten." All three girls burst out in unison.
"WHAT?!?!!??" Tenten's shriek should have flattened the mountains and blown away all the trees in a ten-meter radius. "Oh no, please don't tell me it's true! I KNEW I was forgetting something today. Does it look that bad? Don't sugarcoat it, please." Tenten fretted.
"No, no." All the girls rushed to reassure her. "Y-you just look gorgeous, that's all." Hinata said for all three of them. Tenten patted her sleek brown hair, looking self-conscious.
"Shhhhhh, we're nearing the boys." Sakura said after around 20 minutes later, and all of them shut up. Silently giggling, they stalked to the opening of the clearing, only to freeze when they heard their names being mentioned. Quickly, all of them hid.
"So, you know how we were talking about the girls?" Sasuke's voice rang out. Sakura stiffened, her green eyes flashing with alarm and suspicion at her boyfriend saying such words.
"Yeah, what about it?" Shikamaru asked lazily. Ino could see him, twirling a twig in a complicated pattern between his fingers and slouching on a giant rock.
"Well, lately Sakura hasn't been doing a very good job. She's been falling back, and despite me trying to help her, she just isn't doing it! I was thinking of breaking up with her this afternoon." Sasuke ranted, taking all of them by surprise, although the boys recovered quickly. The girls, however, were a different story. Sakura's mouth had fallen open, and she was trying desperately to hold back tears. Her friends tried to console her, but then froze the minute Naruto spoke up. "Well, Hinata has been "falling behind" as you say it, too. Her Byakugan's so weak and stupid and the only thing really going for her is the fact that she's heiress of the Hyuuga clan. And pupil-less eyes? Really? Geez Neji, there's no no need for that, I'm sorry I insulted your eyes okay? Anyways, I'm supposed to meet up with her today, but I think I'm going to go to the ramen stand today." Hinata gasped quietly, then her eyes filled up with tears. Ino and Tenten shared a glance, eyes filled with concern for their most fragile and soft-spoken friend. It had taken a lot of time and a lot of hard work to get Hinata's confidence up to this level, and this blow, Tenten and Ino feared, might make those walls tumble down. Now it was Tenten's turn to freeze, as she heard her own name mentioned from the clearing.
"Speaking of which, Tenten is only good at accuracy, and even that is probably moderate compared to those knife-throwers we saw on our travels. And such plain features; muddy hair and eyes, definitely not fit for a Hyuuga." Neji said coldly, with absolutely no emotion in his voice, no indicator that this was even affecting him in any way. Somehow, this hurt Tenten more. But she bit her lip and fought back the tears. She had to stay strong for the other girls. 'And that's why I'm the oldest.' Tenten thought wryly, and tuned back into what Shikamaru was saying in his lazy but annoyingly obvious and logical way.
"Ino's too troublesome. She always yells at me when I'm cloud-gazing and doesn't respect my personal space. I don't need to break up with her. I broke up with her inside my heart a long time ago." Shikamaru stated, and although it wasn't as bad (but still very bad) than the other's rants, Ino felt her eyes tearing rapidly. They'd heard enough to know the truth; the boys had been toying with them the whole time, and them, like the fools they were, had believed it.

A/N: How was it? Good? Bad? Terrible? First chappie's up and slightly rewritten :D Hope you wonderful people enjoyed!!

Don't forget to vote - comment - follow - <3