15

Chapter 15...

Javier

I let go of my breath, which I didn't know I was holding. Rhia and Raymond near us and Ray sat down beside me, he then takes a swig of his water.

"What's up?" asks Rhia.

Raffie shrugs. "Nothing."

Rhia looks at me, then at her sister, then Raymond and back to me.

"Raffie, let's go get food," she says , pulling Raffie up to her feet, and left me with Raymond.

"Sup man," says Raymond. We do our own handshake. "By the way, you owe me and Rhia back there."

I stare at him, awestruck.

"So you did it on purpose!" I nearly shouted.

He rubs his ear. "Yeah," he says.

I put my face in my hands and groaned.

"Hey, be thankful. You looked like a nervous wreck there," he says, patting my back.

I run my hands over my face and my right hand over my mouth, thinking on what I should do.

"Hey, how long has it been since me and my family got here?" He asked out of no where.

I shrug. "About..." I count on my fingers, "3 to 5 weeks I guess." I rub the back of my neck.

He nods and looks at whatever pleases him.

"How 'bout you? Have you moved on?" I ask him.

Raymond fell head over heels with my cousin, Rosella. They met before in one of the parties we've held here before when we were younger. They discovered that they're actually schoolmates, and started to hang out.  Then a few years later, Raymond courted her and they got together.

What separated them was the distance, when Rosella moved here to Spain, and time for each other. They both are smart asses and plan to become top 1 in their school.

He shrugs. "I'm okay, I guess." He says while looking down at his lap, fidgeting.

I nodded.

He hasn't moved on, I thought.

°^°^°^°^°^°^

Raffie

"So, what are we gonna get?"

I look at Rhia then at the menu. I then told her what I like and what Javier might like. We sat in a booth as we wait for our order.

"How is it?" Rhia asks out of nowhere.

"How's what?" I ask.

"The Green Bandits!' She nearly screams.

What?! How'd she know?

I shrug. "It's okay, I guess." I look down and tap the table softly.

She just nodded in reply.

*ring ring*

I brought my phone out. Mom is calling, I answer.

"Hello."

"Hi honey." Mom says on the other line.

"So, how did it go?" She asks.

Her too!!!😱

"How did what go?" I ask.

She sighs. "The Green Bandits!" she screams.

I put the phone away in a small distance from my ear and put it back, and answer her question. "They're okay and nice," I say while nodding.