Chapter 26: Bloodbath

Zayns POV:

It was earily quiet in the living room where Liam and I sat, the only noise that could be heard was the soft even breaths coming from Liam and the beautiful sound of his heart beat. I smiled softly and lent down, giving him a soft sweet kiss on his forehead. He is so beautiful, I still can't fatham that he is all mine. Soon I'll ask him to be my novertry, but for now we'll wait until this stupid war is over. I don't want to add stress to him by asking him such a question. 

Maybe later on I can even ask him if I can turn him. I wonder how he would react to me suggesting immortal life. Would he turn it down right away? Or would he say yes?

Who am I kidding. He has a family and friends, if I were to turn him immortal then he would have to watch all of them die. And I can't put him through something like that. Watching everyone you know die, while you stay the same forever... its the worse pain that anybody could ever go through.

I let out a deep sigh and looked down at him peacfull face. I traced his cheek with my thumb, leaning down and kissing his lips softly. Is he going to leave me? After all if he doesn't want to become immortal then he'll grow, but I'll stay the exact same. As he gets old I'll forever stay at this age and watch him die. 

I could feel tears begining to form in my eyes, I quickly dismissed those awful thoughts. We can worry about that later, right now I just need to keep him safe.

Suddenly the front door was thrown open, revealing a large dark brown wolf. I knew that from its unnatural size that it could only be a werewolf. Liam awoke with a start and I quickly jumped in front of him protectivly, hissing at the wolf, showing him or her my razor sharp fangs. Then I noticed that the wofl wasn't growling or showing any signs of attack at all. Furrowing my eyesbrows I retracted my fangs and stood properly, looking at him curiously.

"Hello, my name is Beta James, I ask that you join your friends and the werewolves in the war." He spoke to me throw my mind.

I bit my lip harsly and looked from the large wolf to Liam who sat behind me. I couldn't just leave him here unprotected, who knows what could happen to him. But I also need to be helping Louis and Harry and Niall. 

I turned back to the Beta and nodded at him, my lips in a firm line.

"I will join you, but first I need to return Liam somewhere safe." I told him.

"I understand, I will see you on the war feild my friend." He said, before he cofidently jumped out of the house and rantowards what I'm guessing is the battle field.

Liam stood up from the couch and grabbed my shoulders, turning me to face him. 

"I have no idea what the hell just happened, but you are not going into that war." He commanded me with a stern voice.

I let out a loud sigh, reaching forward I carresed him pink tinted cheeks. "I have to Li, I need to help my friends." 

Liam shook his head quickly.

"You're not going." He said stubbornly.

"Yes I am." I argued.

"NO! You could die out there!" He yelled. Tears welding up in his eyes. "And I know I haven't known you for long and it  might be to soon to say this, but I love you Zayn! And I don't know what I would do if you left me."

The tears were freely falling down his face now, it seemed as if they were chasing one another down his perfectly sculpted face and onto the hardwood floor.

I gave him a soft smile and kissed his lips softly.

"I love you too...But I have to do this, I promise that I won't leave you." I whispered.