Chapter 2: "Can we talk?"

Start from the beginning

"Lets get yo two dressed," I stated

"Lets get yo two dressed," I stated. I helped Lucy, get changed into her Frozen nightgown, and then I went to help Kayden.

"I got it mommy," he assured.

"Alright," I smiled, and watched as he put his shirt on backwards. "So close buddy," I chuckled, and helped him turn his shirt around.

He climbed into bed, and I tucked him in. I then tucked Lucy, and turned on their night light.

"Goodnight kids," I smiled.

"Night mommy," they yawn in unison. I closed their door, and walked downstairs only to be met by some stranger.

 I closed their door, and walked downstairs only to be met by some stranger

"Who are you?" I glared.

"I'm Bertha," she stated,"Carter sent me."

"Oh I bet he did," I chuckled, and walked over to the fire place. I grabbed the fire poker, and held it in the fire for a bit.

 I grabbed the fire poker, and held it in the fire for a bit

"He's on his way," she assured.

"Mhmm," I sighed, and pulled the poker out of the fire. I turned towards Bertha, and looked at her. "Who really sent you?" I asked, and pointed the fire poker at her.

"Carter did I swear," she gasped, and put her hands up.

"There have been people who claimed the same thing," I glared, and swung the poker at her. She dodged it, but I kept coming. Lets just say my sword fighting has improved over the years as well.

Bertha fell to the ground, and just as I was about to finish her the front door opened.

"Natalie what the h*ll are you doing?" Carter asked,"Bertha's here to help you, and you're trying to kill her."

"I've never seen her before," I admitted,"And I don't know who to trust anymore." I walked away from Bertha, and over to Carter. "Can we talk?" I asked. Carter nodded, and led me to his office. ONce we were inside his office, I closed the doors and turned to him.

"What did you want to talk about?" He questioned.

"Where have you been?" I growled.

"The run to a little more...work then I thought," he admitted.

"Carter we need to stop this," I sighed, and rubbed my temples.

"Stop what?" he asked.

"The gang," I admitted,"It's too dangerous especially with children. I can't trust anyone, because I'm not sure who's trying to help, and who's trying to kill us."

"Nat these are the complications that come with gangs," he huffed,"You should no this by now."

"I do know that, but I still think it's too dangerous," I argued.

"Well that sucks," he growled,"I'm not gonna throw away everything I've built because you're scared."

"I'm not scared," I retorted,"I'm just thinking about our children."

"And you don't think I do," he raged.

"I never said that," I growled.

"But it's what you're implying," he growled.

"No it's n-" I was cut off by the door opening. I turned around, and saw Cole standing int he doorway.

"I have some news," he sighed.

"Can it wait?" Carter huffed.

"No it can't," he stated.

"What is it?" Carter asked.

"I'm leaving," he sighed.

"What?" Carter and I yell in unison.

"Why?" Carter asked.

"My father," Cole replied,"He's alive."

"Where is he?" I asked.

"A prison in Russia," Cole answered.

"How in the h*ll did he get there?" Carter questioned. Cole shrugged.

"I don't know but I'm going to go get him, and bring him back," Cole stated, and walked out of the office. I looked at Carter, and we both followed Cole out of the office.

"You can't do this alone," Carter stated,"I'm coming with you." Cole turned around, and faced Carter.

"I'm going alone, and you're going to stay here with your family," Cole glared.

"Cole you are my family," Carter growled,"I'm coming with you." Cole shoved Carter against the wall, and held him there.

"Look," Cole growled,"I'll be fine. You're going to stay here, and that's final." Cole let go of Carter, and I sighed in relief.

"When are you leaving?" Carter asked.

"Tonight," Cole answered.

"What?" I gaped. Carter rubbed his face, and I frowned. "Are you at least going to say goodbye to your niece and nephew," I sighed. Cole nodded then walked upstairs. I looked at Carter, and he had his head in his hands.

"The gang won't be the same without Cole," I stated.

"We'll discuss this later," Carter sighed, and walked upstairs. I followed him and we stood in the doorway to the children's room, and we watched Cole and the kids. Cole was sitting on Kayden's bed, with Lucy in his arms.

"Uncle CoCo what are you doing here?" Kayden yawned.

"I'm gonna be going away for awhile," Cole sighed.

"Where are you going?" Lucy asked.

"A very snowy place," Cole smiled. Kayden crawled over to Cole, and looked at him.

"When are you leaving?" Kayden asked.

"Here in a few minutes," Cole frowned. Kayden and Lucy's face fell.

"B-But you can't leave just yet," Lucy cried, and snuggled into Cole's chest.

"When are you coming back?" Kayden asked, with tears in his eyes.

"I don't know buddy," Cole sighed. Kayden's lip started quivering, and he also snuggled into Cole's chest.

"D-Don't go," Kayden cried.

"I'm sorry buddy I have to," Cole sighed. The kids continued to cry, and Cole looked at us. Carter and I walked in and pried the kids off of Cole.

Cole kissed them on the heads, and said is goodbyes. The kids wailed as Cole walked out of the room, and out of the house.

____________

Cole with kids has to be one of the cutest things ever.. Anyway I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Don't worry guys Cole will return, with his father, and......someone else....I've said too much Goodbye.

Please Comment & Vote