|| 10 || It's Going to be Okay || 10 ||

It was the night of the dance, to everyone's surprise the school week went swiftly. Ginny, Luna and Pansy were all in their rooms getting ready but Hermione sat in the common room reading. She wasn't going to . Harry, Draco and Blaise went to the Room of Requirement to get ready. They weren't as fussed about what they looked like unlike the girls.

"Hermione Jean Granger! Get your butt in here right now!" Ginny shouted. Hermione sighed and reluctantly put down her book. 

"Coming!" She shouted back, she thought whenever Ginny shouts she sounds like Molly. Hermione walked into her room to find all the girls wearing a protective cloak around their dresses. She couldn't help but laugh at them.

"Why aren't you getting ready?" Asked Pansy, she placed her arms on her hips.

"I'll get ready soon, all I have to do is put on the dress and shoes. Then that's it." She sat down on her bed beside Luna.

"Oh Mione, you wish it would be that simple. But since we're your friends, it won't be!" Stated Ginny.

"Now get your butt in that seat so we can make you look like a princess!" Chirped Luna. Hermione told them that they didn't need to help her but they insisted since it would be the last night they had with Hermione. Half an hour before the ball, the girls finished with Hermione. They covered her dress so she didn't see it until it was time to go. As it went from thirty minutes, to twenty minutes, to 10 minutes and finally to 5 minutes to the ball, everyone's excitement grew.

"It's time to go! Let's start to leave!" Squealed Pansy. 

"This is so exciting!" Ginny squealed. 

"We're going to have so much fun!" Squealed Luna.

"Lets go!" Squealed Hermione, she was getting excited. The girls made their way to the great hall, on their way they could hear and see the other students making their way down.

-------------------------------

Draco, Harry and Blaise waited at the door for their dates. There were already a few people in the hall. The doors just opened so there were floods of students entering every minute. None of the waves were their dates. A few minutes later they were about to wait at a table. The hall contained nearly their whole year. Before they turned around and sit at a table, they spotted a group of four girls making their way towards them. The boys straightened themselves up and stared wide-eyed at them. The girls strode in with confidence. Together they felt powerful. When they entered, eyes kept turning to them. They spotted their dates and made their way towards them. 

"Wow..." was all the boys could say. 

"You don't look so bad yourselves." Smirked Ginny. "Want to dance?" Harry nodded. And with that, the first couple left the group. 

"We're going to get drinks, we'll see you later." Said Blaise.

"I'm going to talk to the Patil twins. Have a nice night." Smiled Luna. Everyone left to do something. Then there was Draco and Hermione.

"You look.. Beautiful." His eyes looked her up and down making her blush. 

"Thank you, and you look handsome." She giggled. Draco smirked at her. 

"Shall we dance?"Draco asked.

"Lead the way" said Hermione. Draco led her to the centre of the hall. The Weird Sister's were the band performing for the night. Just as they started dancing slowly, the song changed to an up beat party song. 

"Come on, Granger!" Shouted Draco who started dancing like he was drunk. "Let go!" He started flailing his arms which made Hermione laugh.

"Malfoy! People are looking!" She shouted back while laughing. Her face was hid from people's views. Hermione did not want to get embarrassed tonight. Although she already turned bright red when people saw her with a dancing Draco. 

He grabbed her arms and started moving them, he tried to get her to dance with him but she tried to fight it. Eventually she gave up. 'Malfoy! You need to stop this! She must have drugged you! Get a hold of yourself' a small voice said. Draco looked around while dancing, there was no one there who would have a small voice. He decided to ignore it. The beat of the music changed every few minutes, there was classical, punk and party music. 

They both had a really good start to the night, it was a night they were going to remember. It was fun for both of them. Undiscovered feelings were surfacing.

-----------------------------------------

"That was so much fun!" Said Hermione. She and Draco stopped dancing to get some drinks and food. He handed her a glass of water and a slice of garlic bread. 

'She looks so happy.'Draco thought to himself and smiled. 'I can't think this! What have I done?!' His mind drifted off as Hermione was talking. 

'Stop it Malfoy! Stop it! What would your father think?! Draco, you are a failure. Stop liking her and break her! Shatter her heart into a million pieces! Your father would be happy about that. He would be very proud indeed.' The same small voice from before said. He quickly turned around to catch the voice but had no luck. Hermione raised her eyebrow.

"Are you okay?" She asked, concerned. Draco nodded and loosened his tie.

"Yeah, fine. Carry on." He insisted her to carry on talking. Maybe he could catch up with her.

"Come on, its a bit hot in here." She got up and pulled his hand so he would stand.

"Where are we going?" Asked Draco. A bit confused as why she would want to leave so suddenly.

"Outside, it's a bit hot in here." She saw that he was about to protest but spoke before he could. "Only for a few minutes." They both made their way out and sat down at the stairs leading into the school. For a few minutes they sat in silence. 

"Mal-Draco? Are you sure you're alright?" 

"Yes, I'm fine Granger." He sighed. 

"You don't sound fine." She looked at him as he stayed silent. "You could always talk to me you know.." 

"Look at the stars, aren't they looking nice." He said sarcastically. They sat in silence again. Draco went back to his thoughts.

'Do I have feelings for her? Surely not! She's a bushy haired bookworm. What did that voice mean when it said that father would be proud if I broke her? What does it mean? I can't hurt her. I can't."

"It's okay to be upset about something Draco. you just need to talk to some-" He cut her off.

"Leave it Granger! I told you I'm fine! I'm going to bed." Draco got up and left her alone. He didn't know what had gotten up to him but he needed to think.

Hermione sat there going over what just happened in her head. 'It's my fault.' Tears threatened to spill from her eyes. 'I tried to get into his business when I should have respected his privacy.' The tears started falling. 

For what felt like hours, she had sat outside by herself. When she heard people leaving she quickly wiped her tears away and put on a false smile. She made her way back to hers and Draco's room. When she got in, Draco had his back towards her. She sighed and went to the bathroom, quickly changing into her pyjamas. Her make up was removed and her face was washed. She made her way to her bed hoping he wouldn't wake up, if he really was asleep. She climbed in and tried to fall asleep which was difficult.

---------------------------------------

'I f**ked up.' Was the last thing Draco thought before he fell into a deep sleep.

--------------------------------------

I'M BACK SOON FRENS!!! I WILL START PLANNING/WRITING THE NEXT CHAPTER! MEANWHILE, YOU SHOULD ALL FOLLOW MY TUMBLR! (https://www.tumblr.com/blog/gayf0rgunn)