||5|| Ms Black ||5||

The next day was a Thursday. Draco and Harry had Transfiguration first thing. Draco woke up and took a shower, he had just remembered that he had to write a letter to his mother. He had grabbed a piece of Parchment and a quill and started writing.

Mother,

The new Marriage Law has taken place. Unfortunately, I will be wed within this or next year. I hope for you to meet her but I am unsure if you will approve of her. She is unwell at the moment so it may take a little while longer for you to meet her. There are Hogsmeade trips every Saturday now, so maybe we could all meet then.

From your son,
Draco.

The letter was placed and sealed in an envelope, he left the room to go to the owlery.

"Oh. Sorry." Someone had bumped into him when he wasn't looking. It was Harry, "Oh, Malfoy." The two stood there at the door of the common room.

"Potter." He gave Harry a curt nod.

"Are you going to breakfast?" Asked Harry. Draco was shocked at him suddenly being nice.

"Yeah, but I'm going to the owlery first."

"Um, can I join you?" It was very awkward in the common room. "I thought that since you'll be marrying my best friend." Harry stared at him intensely hoping he'd get an answer. "Also Ginny says she's going to sleep in since she has a free period after breakfast." He gave a soft chuckle and so did Draco.

"Sure, I don't really want to eat breakfast near Theo." Draco answered while they started to walk out of their common room.

They made their way to the owlery and Draco attached his letter to a Hogwarts owl. Both of them stayed still for a few minutes watching the owl fly away. Harry brought up quidditch into their conversation and it made it a lot less awkward.

A few minutes later they were nearly outside the Great Hall. When they walked in the room went silent. Just like it did when Draco walked in with Hermione. Harry swore he saw Professor McGonagall smile. "Should we sit at your table or mine?" Asked Harry, he was secretly praying that they would sit at the Gryffindor table.

"Yours, Nott is there." Draco answered as they walked towards the Gryffindor table. They took seats at the very end of the table because there weren't many people there. Both of them started to eat some breakfast and continue talking about quidditch.

"Do you want to visit Hermione?" Suggested Draco. Harry was a little shocked at his words but agreed. When they got to the hospital wing Hermione was just about to leave.

"Hermione?" The two boys said in unison.

"Hi!" She looked at them both weirdly but decided to ignore it.

"Did Madam Pomfrey let you go?" Asked a very concerned Harry.

"Mhm. Can I ask. What happened last night? Where's Ron?" Her face went pale.

"Gone, McGonagall sent him home. Have you eaten?" She nodded and glanced at Draco. Suddenly she felt herself getting lost in his grey eyes. He couldn't help but do the same. Harry gave a small coupling sound hinting that it was awkward and they immediately stopped. She felt her cheeks blushing a deep shade of pink. He liked the way she blushed so easily.

"Oh, I forgot to say but you will be off classes for the day. I asked the headmistress if you could have one or two people to look after you just in case." She looked at Draco and Harry. "So will you both look after her? You don't need to go to classes too." She added as she watched both boys nod. "Ill send an owl to your professors. Off you go! Now get some rest!" She shooed them out of the hospital wing.

"I guess we could go back to our common room." suggested Harry.

"Sure." Replied Hermione. The trio walked towards their common room. When they got in Hermione used 'accio books' to bring her books out of her room. Draco used the spell to get his homework and Harry used it to get his homework too.

They sat around the fireplace and started to work or read. Time went by pretty quickly, it turns out the homework they were given was really difficult so Hermione had to help them.

"Oh crap! I've got practice! I'm so sorry, Mione but I'll be back soon." Harry dashed to his room and a few minutes later he was already in his kit. He waved them goodbye as her ran out of the portrait hole.

Draco and Hermione were left together in a room. Neither of them said anything for a few minutes. There was a slight tapping sound on the window nearest Draco. It was an owl. He opened the window, untied the letter and gave it a treat before it flew away.

He opened the letter. It said:

Dearest Draco,

I know about the marriage law, but I do not know who will be your future spouse. If you are worried that I will not approve of her because it is her blood status then you are wrong. Blood status does not matter to me.

I expect you to treat her like a princess because I think I know who you're engaged to. Try get along with her, Draco. Don't feel like you have to hate her, she could be lovely.

I have written to the new head mistress, she has allowed you both to a week off next month to plan your wedding. The upcoming Saturday there will be a trip to Hogsmeade. I would like to meet your fiance when you're there. We shall meet at the Three Broomsticks at 11am. Don't be late.

Love,
Your Mother.

He put the letter into his pocket and took a deep breath. "Granger, my mother wants to meet you." He watched as she closed her book and started at him.

"W-when?" Was all she could say.

"This Saturday at the Three Broomsticks at 11am. She doesn't want us to be late." She nodded.

"That's fine." He walked towards her and sat beside her.

"Can I ask?" Draco said as he walked towards her and sat next to her. She turned herself to face him and nodded. "Why did you hug me last night?" She stopped breathing for a second. She completely forgot about that!

"To be honest, I don't know. It just felt right." Draco gave her a nod in agreement. "Why did you hug me back?"

"Like you said, it just felt right." He gave her the famous Malfoy smirk. She looked down and gave a loud chuckle. 'Damn she looks so pretty!' Draco thought. She straightened herself up so she was facing him completely, she was still smiling.

"I'm going to give you this, I think you might like it." She pulled out a book from her bag and handed it to him. He looked at it with a confused expression.

"Theory of Everything?" He questioned.

"Yes, it's a Muggle book." She smiled at him.

"Thanks, Granger." He smiled. A real smile this time. He had never been given a gift that was thought about. He felt overjoyed that someone had put thought into it. He was so happy that he leaned over to Hermione and kissed her.

Draco Malfoy kissed Hermione Granger.