||3|| Potions Class ||3||

It was the first day of their timetable. The Gryffindor's and Slytherin's had potions together first period. Hermione and Ginny both made their way there after breakfast. They made their way into the classroom and saw that half the class were already there. Ginny looked at the clock and there was at least a minute left to get to class so they weren't late.

"Sit down with your fiance. They will be your partner for the rest of the year." Professor Snape was writing on the chalk board at the front of the class. Harry and Draco were already sitting so the girls separated and sat next to their partner.

When Hermione sat down, Draco made no notice. A couple of minutes later, the whole class was settled.

"You are going to make Wolfsbane potion. You have until class ends and your homework is an essay you must do with your partner about the potion and the effects of it. Get started." The professor snapped at his class. Hermione stood up and walked to the cupboards where the ingredients and tools were. She levitated a cauldron and sent it back towards their table. Then she collected the ingredients and tools and walked back to their table with them.

Half way through class, the potion was nearly finished. Draco hadn't done anything and left all the work to her.

'It would be nice to have some help.' She thought to herself. Draco sat there doing nothing but playing with his tie.

'Would she ask for help already?! Of course not. She's a Gryffindor.' He thought as he let out a small sigh.

-------------

"Can you help me clean up?" Her voice made him jump out of his thought bubble. He quickly muttered a 'yes' and started to wash out the cauldron and tools at the sink.

"Your homework is due for next Monday, it has to be 3ft of Parchment. You may leave." Snape finished.

------------------

"Hey guys!" Hermione sat herself across from Harry and Ginny and started to pile her plate with food.

"Hey, Hermione? You okay?" Ginny raised an eyebrow at her best friend.

"Mhm! Are you?"

"Yes. Why are you so chipper all of a sudden?"

"I don't know! Sometimes I just get a rush of emotion! And right now I'm excited!"

"For what?" Asked Harry.

"Anything." Hermione justified and started focusing on her food as her friends gave each other weird looks.

About half an hour later, the trio were full up. "Mione we're going to go back to our common room now, want to join us?" Harry asked.

"Sure!" Hermione swung her legs around her seat and got up. She was still smiling and didn't know why.

---------------

The trio were sitting in front of their fireplace and started talking. Minutes later a familiar blonde came in. "Malfoy." Stated Ginny.

"Weasel-ette." He shot her the famous Malfoy smirk.

"Come sit with us. We're just talking." Ginny started to challenge him.

'Try get along with them.' A small voice in his head whispered.

"Fine, fine." He sat down beside Hermione not wanting to be near the two loved up teens.

"Potty."

"Ferret." Harry and Draco exchanged awkward greetings.

"Well anyway, this Saturday there's a Hogsmeade trip. We were thinking that the four of us should well... go on a double date. Well that's what the muggles call it. So you two up for it?" Ginny looked at the two with eager eyes. "Oh and there will also be shopping involved."

"What about Weasel? Is he coming?" Malfoy spoke out.

"She said '4' of us meaning the 4 of us who are in this conversation." Harry pointed out.

"Just wanted to make sure."

"I'm up for it, are you?" Said Hermione. Draco gave a loud moan but agreed.

'What am I doing?! I shouldn't be going places with them!' He mentally slapped himself for agreeing.

"Yeah, I'll go." He whined. Just that second, Ron walked in and sat opposite Hermione.

"Go where?" Spat Ron.

"Mind your own business Weasel." Snapped Malfoy.

"We're going to Hogsmeade with them. As couple and couple." Ginny said sharply. Hermione laughed at the last part because it sounded strange.

Draco never noticed before but her laugh sounded beautiful. A small curl lifted itself on his lips. Before he knew it he was thinking about her laugh.

'Stop! You've already done enough damage! You shouldn't even be being nice to her!' He mentally slapped himself again.

"Oh cool! Me and Luna will come!" Ron said.

"That wasn't an invitation, Weasel." Draco shot a deadly glare at Ron. Hermione looked at the cushion she was holding trying to hide her smile.

"Shut it Ferret. Who invited you to talk to us?" Ron was starting to turn as red as his hair.

"Me actually." Ginny spoke. She gave him a deadly glare like Draco had done. "And as much as we would love Luna to join us, we decided that we want to get to know him." Ginny emphasised Luna's name.

Ron shot a look at Draco and Draco gladly returned it. Ron turned to face Harry and said, "Mate, are you hearing them? They've gone nuts!" He nudged Harry's arm and laughed. Harry didn't.

"I don't know why you find that so funny. I think it's pretty rude considering it was also my idea." Harry sounded annoyed.

"You've got to be kidding me right?!" He paused and started howling with lahghter. "It's him! It's our enemy!" He was still laughing.

"Correction, he's your enemy. We've all made peace with him and you should too. The only reason you're not invited is because you've done wrong. None of us can forgive you for what you've done." Growled Ginny. Ron was nearly crying from laughter.

"Mione's forgiven me! Haven't you?" He was the only one laughing in the whole room. The tension was thick when he directly asked Hermione a question.

"No." Her answer was short and sweet. It made Ron instantly stop laughing.

"But it's him! He's the one who kept harassing you! He calls you 'mudblood' nearly every single second!" He held his wand tighter than he already did. Hermione reached into her pocket and gripped tightly on her wand which was still hidden.

"Actually, I have not called her that word for a while now. Also, please do not say that in front of me or Hermione." Draco was trying his hardest to not lose his cool.

"I love her! She loves me! Not you!" He got up and pointed his wand at him. "Sect-" but he was too slow, Hermione jumped in front of Draco and casted a strong protection charm around them including Harry and Ginny.

They were all shocked at her sudden movements. "I did love you, but you showed me that you didn't. You cheated on me! But now the feelings are all gone. I don't love you anymore and loving you was clearly a big mistake." She shouted her words, making sure he heard them all. He instantly lowered his wand and started to walk away. Hermione also lowered her wand. Draco stood up about to go after him and give him a nice punch but was too slow when Hermione stood in front of him and faced him. Like it was a normal thing to do, he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close for a hug. He placed his chin on her head as he was much taller than she was.

She gave small sobs as she clutched onto him for dear life. Ron was still walking away but something told him to do it. As quick as he could he turned around with his wand high and shouted "sectumsempra" at the place where Draco was standing when he walked past him.

But unfortunately he thought wrong. He thought it would hit Draco but it hit Hermione in the back. He dropped his wand almost instantly when she gave a deafening scream.