chapter 25 Masquerade ball

Start from the beginning

But she kept a straight face and told herself that Ethan would soon marry her, She took a breath and smiled.

" Are you alright ?" Ethan asked , his brows knitted. She gave him a nod and a polite smile " do you wish to dance?" He continued.

" I would love that" she answered then took his proffered arm.

They danced and laughed , for the first time she could relaxed in his arms because that moment she realized that he would be her husband. The music ended and Ethan took her and lead her to the balcony and josoline followed reluctantly.

The night air was cool and the moon was Bright, under the moon light josoline looked so beautiful especially in the appearance of a mistress.

" did I tell you how ravishing you look" Ethan whispered. His eyes blazing with passion," could I kiss you?" he asked his voice deep, raw from desire.

Josoline taken aback ,her eyes wide from shock. Her body went stiff as his lip touched hers he hadn't even waited for her reply .

The kiss was wet and unpleasant , her only thought was of Leo and then she pulled away .

" Duke this is scandalous behavior do you want to ruin me?" She asked with a fake cunning smile and he grinned.

" but you my lady will soon be my wife" he counters.

" yes I will" with a huge fake grin. There and then josoline realize she was a great pretender.

-----------

" Do you realize she is marrying our cousin" Theo said standing next to Leo whose face was unreadable.

Leonardo ignored him.

" and them kissing is only a start... " he continued trying to get a reaction from his brother. Theo knew his brother wanted Miss Prescott that was the only reason he didn't pursue her further but what he didn't understand was why hadn't Leo pursue her openly. " they do look happy together"

Leo jaw flinched , he didn't even look at him . The way josoline looked in her red gown, her face, her hair ,her eyes all this felt wrong, seeing another man touching her.

He wanted to march over there and place a coat covering her.

" I wonder if he had bedded her yet". Theo asked out of teasing. Leonardo didn't give his brother the pleasure of watching him pine away and he knew his josoline wouldn't sleep with Ethan she wasn't that type. So he walked away but right as he was about to josoline had turn to Ethan and gave him a peck on his cheek and that nearly drove him mad, he started to question everything.

----------

The night went on blissfully . Leonardo hadn't had the chance to confront josoline, he wondered if she was trying to prove something, he wondered if she was truly going to marry Ethan, so many questions ran in and out of his mind and he needed answers. As the music played and Leo was joined in company with the beautiful Serena the pair looked perfect.

" You know if time could stand still with us right here at this moment with you looking so dashing. I'd be the happiest woman on earth" Serena said looking up at Leonardo. Her eyes lite as she spoke.

The words she spoke did nothing for him, he felt pity for her because all he wanted to do was get josoline alone. He watched as Ethan held josoline too close, his blood boiling and his heart pudding. The feeling he felt was way beyond anything he had experience and he could only identify it as

.jealously

" mhnm" he managed trying to suppress his anger.

Serena looked at him and noticed his eyes were behind her, she felt so embarrassed and her heart sank.

She cleared her throat " I feel a bit parch" she said forcing a smile.

As the dance ended she looked behind her an noticed lady josoline and Duke Ethan and even as she walked away Leo eyes never left josoline .

Was there something between them, this she had to know.

The night came to an end and Josoline couldn't even feel her feet much longer Ethan had accompany her to the top of the stair and bid fear well.

The man was too nice she thought as her slender body made its way down the hall to her Chambers, the candles flickered and small shadows creped. The hallways were lonely , she had left as soon as the royal family exited.

Leonardo's face came to her mind and she stopped in her tracks , look how happy Serena looked with him,With his family.

Even earlier tonight when she watched as the queen conversed with her. Maybe this was faith only time could heal her now.

She was about to start walking when she felt a sharp pain in her head the pain only got worst when she fell to the ground .

****"""""

Hay guys I've kinda had writers blocked became I have a lot going on right now in life.. But thanks for your support and plz vote, comments I'm all ears..