Chapter : 0 When Someone Rethinks

A/N:  Thanks for the 301k views, everyone. 😈

We live in a world of catastrophe, mystery, and imagination where everything happens for a reason. There are two kinds of people. Some accept everything they hear while others believe in facts. Which kind are you? Will you trust your instincts or let fear rule your head?

'''''''''''''''''''''''''

The soft orange light peeking from behind the clouds highlighted the outline of everything that came its way. The temperature witnessed a drop by three degrees. Stiles regretted his decision of wearing a half-sleeve grey jacket as he felt the air getting colder by the minute. Still overwhelmed by the events of the previous day, he had a hard time concentrating on driving the second- hand fiat he borrowed from his friend, Oliver.

The squeaking noise made by the car, every time he increased the speed reminded him of the day when Oliver got the car from his sister and brother-in-law as a gift for getting a job as an assistant cameraman. Oliver smashed the car and broke the tail lights on the second day of his new job. He tried to hide the fact from Stiles that he couldn't afford to get them fixed. Eventually, Oliver borrowed some money from him, which he hasn't repaid, yet.

Due to the lack of time and Stiles' inability to take any more drama, he agreed to take Oliver's car. He knew this way Oliver would be able to blame him for the horrible condition of the car. Oliver was a carefree twenty-eight- year- old, who changed four jobs in the time span of fewer than two years, but he always behaved like a spoilt teenager who didn't know what to do with his life.

On the other hand, he was the complete opposite. He hated change and despised people who thought that he needed to be more out-going, even though it was true.

Pushing his thoughts away, he diverted his gaze to the large empty field outside. He felt like a character from a movie who wanted to get as far as he could from everything and everyone. A loud buzz made him turn his head towards the passenger seat where his phone was lying.

Oliver's picture popped on the caller id.

'Ah... I can't deal with this right now,' he sighed.

He waited for the call to go to his voicemail, but his hope was crushed when Oliver called him again. He couldn't bear to hear the sound of his ringtone after the seventh ring.

Keeping one hand on the wheel, he picked the phone with his other hand and turned on the phone speaker. 'I can't really talk right now. Can I call you later, Oliver?' he said, trying to sound busy.

Oliver's voice followed by the sound of loud music came through the speaker. 'How can you still be driving? You left like three hours ago. It is just thirty- five miles away, right?'

Stiles' couldn't take the musty smell coming from the seat covers anymore. He rolled down the window and took a left turn before answering. 'I sort of got lost.'

'How could you get lost when you had that stupid glossy paper you call, 'map'?' he sensed the hint of mockery in Oliver's tone. 'Just use the map on your phone, dude. It's easier that way. Harrison is expecting you to reach Greywald by 6. I told him I'm gonna make sure that you got there, all okay.'

Stiles rolled his eyes at the mention of his boss, Mr. Harrison. Mr. Harrison was a five feet five inches tall man who was extremely proud of his bushy mustache. Everyone in the editorial department knew Harrison by his last name. He liked when people used mister in front of his name. It made him feel important. There were only a few who were allowed to call him Jack.