The Next Day pt. 1

I don't even know if people are even still reading this but I was reading another fanfic and I got me a idea for this story. So I'm going to continue it the best I can with this idea. PS I just found that Pic I don't know why but I had to do put it there.

----------Line_Break-----------------------------------------

Maya's POV

I woke up at my annoying alarm in the morning dreading school, I was half thinking of actually faking that I was sick and stay at home.

Uhh my life, why just why world. What do you have to teach me about this. what is exactly the lesson this time,  I thought as I started outside my window.

The whole weekend I just didn't go out of my room, I didn't answer anybody that texted or called. It was just me, my art, and Rosie's guitar. 

"Maya, you up yet, you know you have to go to school," My mom yelled from the kitchen.

"I'm up mom." I yelled after her.

Sadly,  I thought. I got up and went to the bathroom and started to get ready. Maybe I can get to school early and go into the art room and paint something. That always calms me down. So I got my phone (Yes, the one that Mr. Matthew gave me) and I started to play music as I got ready, singing along as I did .

  When I got down I grabbed a banana, my bag and kissed my mom bye and ran out the door with her yelling, or "asking" if I didn't want more of a breakfast or for her to drop me off at the Matthew's.

Yeah not going back there, at least not yet, I thought as I ran to the subway. I put on my headphones and listened to music till I got to school. When I got there I took out the spare keys that Ms. Kossal gave me to lock up when I stay late at the art room. I got in and plugged in my phone to the tiny speakers that Ms. Kossal has so, we can listen to music when we paint.

I took out my sketch book and started to draw, and like many times before I just let the music and my thoughts paint a picture onto the paper.

I don't know how long I was drawing for but I didn't really care right now I just let my thoughts guide me as I sang to Bea Miller on the radio. This is my own little world.

This is the only place I other than with the Matthews I felt like I belonged.

That I was good at something besides being Riley's other part.

This is where I can really think, besides the bay window.

Maybe that is why I think the world would be happy that Riley gets Lucas, because they are so alike and the world gives people who are good and helpful what they deserve, for Riley it's Lucas, I mean why wouldn't the world give its most best helper the best.

She this perfect ray of sunshine, she's the last bit of hope and good in this world. She needs to stay naive, because if she does, if she believes she can do anything she wants.

But where does that leave Lucas? A voice in my head whispered into my ear.

That voice is never good last time I heard it was the time I finally admitted to myself that I like Lucas, and look where that ended up.