Chapter 2

The rain had finally stopped.  I jog beside the moving train and gradually speed up to a quick run and hop on. I grab onto the rail and watch outside the door as the city speeds by. I've always found the city beautiful, especially the broken parts.

I soon see the vague shadow of Abnegation and I jump off. I mastered landing on my feet years ago. It took awhile to get used to the momentum of the train. I scratched knees and rolled ankles so many times, I'm surprised I'm still able to walk.

I start walking through the dark world of abnegation, gray home after gray home. I come upon my house, one of the few homes with a light on. I quietly open my door, hoping my father is in a good mood this evening.

I look around, but my father is nowhere in sight, so I slowly walk up the stairs, avoiding every creak I can. Then I hear the thump of a door opening.  At the top of the stairs I see my father appear, an odd expression spread across his face. Based on his expression, I can tell tonight is not a good night.

The worst thing about my dad is that he is completely coherent when he abuses me. He never drinks and he never apologizes. He purely likes to hurt me.

"Right on time, like always." He says this with a calm voice. No anger is evident, which is odd.

"I try to do what you want." Damn I shouldn't have said that. I should not have said that. I should have said that differently.

"Hmm, you know what I want you to do right now." Shit. My heart rate rises. He's using that voice. That voice he always uses when he's about to...

I gulp before I respond. "I bet you would love for me to go make your lunch for tomorrow." I smile hoping I will, but knowing I won't, get out of this.

He steps forward, and I'm too scared, like always, to step back. "No, I think there are much better uses of your time."

He touches my face and moves my hair out of my face. "One last time. Before you leave me."

Confusion must be evident on my face, because I didn't expect that. "You want me to leave?"

"I think you know, and I know, that you would never even consider staying. Just remember, if this ever gets out, you will be dead." He smiles, like he just said something funny.

"Of Course." I say it with a firm voice, knowing I would be mortified if this ever got out.

"So, about what I want." He trails the hand that rests on my face down to my shoulder where he makes circles on my arm.

"Please, please not tonight." I stopped begging him years ago, because it never got me anywhere, but tonight, I couldn't help it. I hated this man. I didn't want him to touch me. I wanted to scream. I wanted to burst out into tears. I wanted to be as far as I could away from him.

A devilish smirk comes across his face at my words. "Say it again."

Then I step back. I'm literally trembling. I always do, but something about right now, is breaking me more then ever before.

He slaps me. Hard. I go falling backwards and hit the wall. "I said, say it again!"

A tear slides down my face, and I repeat what I said, "Please, please not tonight."

With that he comes forward and grabs me, kissing me. My tears begin to fall down my face as he pulls my shirt over my head. I can't push him away, and he knows that. I have scars that prove I never can.

I have to get out of this house. Out of the sight of this man. I will get out of here. There is no question of that, but where will I go?