Nightmares

"Run Eret! Run Lupa!" his mother screamed shoving them away as a Whispering Death shot out from under her and snapped it's jaws shut. His mother's arms and legs thrashed violently before going limp. He heard Lupa scream and he yanked her away from the dragon.

The scene changed and they were on Drago's ship. Their father layed on the floor dead with blood spreading out from under him and his eyes were wide open. Drago stood over him with Bardolf standing to the side as Lupa  stood in front of Drago with tears running down her little face and flecks of snow littered her hair.

"You must be punished for that attempt to run away." Drago said pointing his large black metal spear at her little chest.

"P-please! Don't hurt me!" Lupa sobbed. "I won't do it again I promise!"

"Oh I know you won't." Drago said with a sneer. Eret watched Bardolf turn his head away in shame and close his eyes.

"Look away Eret." He said quietly. "You don't want to see another family member killed in front of you." But as much as he wanted to, he couldn't.

"NO!" Lupa screamed as Drago lifted his spear up and Eret watched in horror as it plunged into her little chest. He felt something grab his ankle and he looked down to see his father with blood gushing from his mouth looking at him with his cold dead eyes.

"Find the Wolf Queen. She will be one of the many who will bring Drago down. Find her. Find your sister." The corpse that was his father said gripping his ankle. Eret turned to see Lupa on the floor in a twisted position with a spear in her chest. She suddenly sat up yanking the spear off her and began changing into a wolf with orange brown fur and glowing green eyes. The beast gave a howl, turned towards Eret and lunged at him going for his exposed throat.

"LUPA!" Eret screamed sitting up. His eyes adjusted to the darkness and he saw he was in his room on Berk, not on Bergses or on Drago's boat. He rubbed his face and played back down on the bed thinking about the nightmare that had been haunting him for the past eleven years.

His parents, grandmother and his baby sisters deaths and even Lupa's. Lupa couldn't be dead but he kept having horrible and gruesome nightmares about her being torn apart by dragons or being tracked down by Drago and having her killed right in front of him in the worst ways. But this was new, her turning into a wolf and attacking him. Something was definitely not right about that.

"Nothing can kill Lupa." he said out loud to himself. "And she would never hurt me." He heard the rooster from next-door starting to caw loudly and he decided to get dressed.

He pulled on a clean shirt and his fur vest over it. As he was pulling on his boots he heard someone knocking on his door. With one boot on he noisily clomped down the stairs holding the other one in his hand and opened the door to see Ruffnut panting heavily.

"H-hiccup called a group meeting." She gasped a she tried catching her breath.

"And why didn't you come on your dragon?" Eret asked leaning on the doorframe to pull his other boot on.

"Barf and Belch were being lazy when Astrid told me to get the others. Seriously do you have to live so isolated from the other villagers?"

"I'm just used to being alone." he answered with a shrug and shut the door behind him. "I'll give you a ride to the hall, okay?"

"Really?!" Ruffnut squealed excitedly.

"Hey sis they finally woke up!" Tuffnut yelled landing their Zippleback nearby. Ruffnut shot him a look that would probably scare a Monstrous Nightmare but reluctantly walked to her dragon and climbed on.

"Don't worry there's always next time." Eret assured her as he saddled Skull Crusher and followed them.

"Hey why are you sweating?" Tuffnut asked. "It's not even that hot." Eret wiped his forehead and realized he was still covered in sweat.

"I was uh....working out till sweated." he lied.

"Sure." Tuft said shaking his head.

I can't tell them of my nightmares. They'll all think i'm crazy or something. Eret thought to himself. But then again they'll feel sorry for me and their pity is the last thing I want at all.