Chapter 2: It's what we do

Lydia POV

I sit there for some time, just watching him breathe. Seeing how with each breath, his chest would rise in 8 second intervals. Watching how peaceful he was for once. He deserved sleep and love. He deserved everything. I didn't deserve him, no one did.

I give his hand a light squeeze and leave the room. I see his dad talking to Malia who is staring off into the distance. I sit down next to Scott and grab his hand.

"He is asleep. He looked good" I say squeezing his hand.

"Sheriff told us Lydia"

"Told you what?" I say worried as I let go of his hand.

"The report Stiles gave. About the glass shattering; he didn't touch it. He said it broke after a scream. Your scream Lydia" he says looking into my tear filled eyes.

"I don't know how I did it" I say playing with my hands as a tear finds its way down my cheek.

"Thank you" he says tilting my head up with his hand. "You saved my best friend, my brother" he says letting a tear roll down his cheek.

_______________________________

Scott and I drive to my house to get some sleep and investigate what happened when I screamed. I pull up to the house and we walk in the front door.

I can see the blood. The blood that dripped as I ran to the car. We walk in further and see all the glass on the floor. Tons of glass, covering the counter and the floor beneath the sink.

"Lydia.... You didn't just break one glass, you broke all of them"

I cover my mouth and close my eyes. I could have killed someone. I could have hurt Stiles. I could have killed him.

"I'll get a dustpan, why don't you get changed" he says guiding me towards the stairs. I nod and walk up the stairs.

_______________________________

I pull off my skirt and shirt and throw them in the same pile as before. I grab a sweater and a pair of yogas and throw them on. I head back downstairs and Scott has already cleaned up my mess.

"Thank you" I say heading to the couch.

"No problem. Do you want to talk about it now?" He asks nervously.

I take a deep breath and nod.

"It was like a dream. I was standing in the middle of nowhere and I heard his voice. I saw him, but he couldn't see or hear me. I heard him talking to Malia, about not being able to be with her. And then I saw the truck. The truck that hit Stiles"

"Lydia, it was a hit and run. We need to know who that truck belongs to. Can you describe it?" He asks slightly frantic.

I think back, closing my eyes and imagining it.

"It's black, pickup truck. 2014 edition. It's ford-no wait it's a Chevy. The license plate is blurry, I can't see it" I say letting out a frustrated breath.

"Lydia, breathe. You can do this"

I take a deep breath. "I can see a M, it's coming into focus. I can see it! MSL 4185".

I open my eyes.

"I knew you could do it" he says hugging me. And I do something I haven't done a lot, I smile.

_______________________________

We get in my car and drive back to the hospital to see Sheriff Stilinski. We walk in through a back entrance that his mom let us in through.