Chapter 4. She who hears everything

Start from the beginning

"And you boys have no idea about who is doing these things?"

"No sir."

"No sir."

"Hummm, we must be very careful with this situation. If your perception is correct Sean, then these are good kids, but some of the things that they are doing are highly illegal. We don't want them to get caught and punished for trying to do the good."

"However they are, sir, they could be good Academy material."

"Indeed Owen, our institution is always ready to accept those that are willing to work to help others."

"They might need some help themselves." Mentioned Sean.

"That will not be a problem, as you boys well know. The Academy is willing to help however needs it."

Interesting...

Going back to class with her head even fuller than before, Sang spend de rest of the morning thinking about what she had just heard and all the repercussions it could have.

The bell rang, signaling the start of recess, Sang made sure to find a place in the courtyard where her sister couldn't see her and sat down with the hopes of meeting again with her two friends.

She knew she shouldn't befriend them because when her mother found out the pain would be immense. But she couldn't resist, there was something about them that made her heart lighter.

She knew she'd need the good memories, they would be her light amid the darkness that was her life. Then maybe someday, when she was strong enough, she'd break free from her cage.

......

Seeing my little Pookie sitting alone, again, in one of the benches in the courtyard, I head over to her.

"Pookie!" I exclaim, startling her. Raising her head from her book she gives the most beautiful smile.

"Sean! Hi!" She blushes prettily.

"Hello there girly! What are you doing here, all alone again?" I question, finding it strange that a pretty girl with such a kind heart such as Sang was alone.

Looking embarrassed and uncertain she responds "Just getting some homework done, so I will have more free time later."

"And your friends didn't want to stay with you?" I asked, half irritated with the little insensitive brats, whoever they are.

She starts stuttering, "Huuummmm... well... err..." and then finishes in a rush, "Ikindadon'thaveanyfriends!" said that she hides behind her book again.

I just stand there, stunned for a few minutes still I noticed how red the tip of her ears, the only thing I could see from behind the book, were getting. She was embarrassed.

"Well Pumpkin, as far as I know you have at least two friends. One incredibly amazing one, namely Me," Giggles explode from behind the book, "though if you wish to change our status to that of "boyfriend and girlfriend" instead of "just friends" I'm perfectly ok with that." more blushing ears, "Of course we would have to be very careful when explaining to Owen, after all he does have a crush in me..."

"SEAN!"

I turn around to find none other than Owen Blackbourne standing behind me with his and on his hips and a look in his eyes that promises murder as soon as we don't find ourselves in polite company. I give him a big smile and a strong hug, raising him from the floor.

"My love! How good of you to grace us with your company!" I exclaim loudly attracting the attention of several people around us, much to Owen's discomfiture. With gritted teeth he practically growls "Put me down, now."