He trotted over and unzipped the pocket, pulling out the small plastic bag and popping it open. "Fuck, get a hold of yourself," he hissed, closing the bag and shoving it back into his jacket. He roughly zipped it back up, dragging a hand through his hair. "You've got to slow down or you'll be back at Matt's before the end of the week." He shuddered at the thought, regaining his composure before heading out into the main area.

He glided over to the bar, Ray greeting him with a small frown. "Pete's still making you work?" he asked with a sigh, shaking his head in annoyance as he poured a man's drink. "I thought he'd just let you have the rest of the night off."

"Me too... But it's fine, I can make more tips this way," Gerard replied, shrugging of his disappointment.

"Gee, you can't let people push you around like this..." Ray stressed, putting a supportive hand on Gerard's shoulder.

"I'm getting payed for working extra and I get to keep all the tips..." Gerard replied, smiling reassuringly at his tall friend. "I don't let anyone control me, Ray."

"Good," Ray sighed, dropping the subject to avoid a pointless argument.

"I'll be back before we close, okay? I'm gonna serve for a while," Gerard said softly, Ray just nodded and briefly smiled in reply. The redhead grabbed a drink and drifted out amongst the mingling customers.

Inferno is more than just a simple strip club, it also functions as a sort of meeting place for men to meet others interested in sexual encounters. Some only come to watch the strippers, but many others meet a companion for the rest of the night. The high quality of the shows and the generally seductive atmosphere of Inferno is what made it so popular; other clubs just couldn't compete.

"Hey, dollface, is that for me?" a man asked in a gruff voice, grabbing Gerard's ass as he passed.

Gerard halted and looked down at the table, seeing the tiny engraved number and realizing he'd almost passed the customer he was supposed to deliver to. "Oh, right," Gerard said apologetically, batting his eyes demurely. "This one's for you, sugar." He placed the glass of beer down on the table with a quiet thud, turning to go get more drinks from the bar.

"Aw, come back and stay for a while," the man growled, pulling Gerard back by the hips and plopping him in his lap.

"I'd rather not... I--uh, I have to keep serving people," Gerard replied weakly, trying to pull away, but the man's grip on him tightened.

"What's the matter, baby?" the man purred, his voice turning to a threatening growl when he continued. "You'd better get over it and learn some fucking respect."

"Sir, please, I don't-" Gerard weakly defended, attempting again to pull away from the man's tight grip.

"I don't think so," the man snarled, bending Gerard's arm at a painful angle behind his back and making him cry out.

"Hey! Let him go!" another man yelled, punching him right in the face. The man tumbled to the floor and Gerard fell with him, shuffling away and looking up at the man who saved him. The man's fall knocked the table off balance, causing his drink to fall and pour beer all over himself. His rescuer followed them to the floor, attacking the man with multiple punches to the face before Gerard pulled him off.

"You're gonna kill the guy! I'm alright now, you can stop!" Gerard fretted, pulling the guy away from that prick. "Frank?!" he gaped, surprised to see that this short man was the one who'd come to save him.

"Shit, Gee, are you okay?" the tattooed man asked, tenderly cupping his cheek.

"I'm fine, Frankie... you didn't have to interfere, I can take care of myself," Gerard sighed annoyedly, pissed off that he'd needed someone else to rescue him.

"That guy practically had you pinned, Gee, who knows what he would've done with you... A simple 'thank you' would be nice," Frank muttered, Gerard brushing off his help.

"I didn't want or need your help," Gerard reiterated, stepping back and crossing his arms.

"Fine, I apologize for saving your ass. I won't do it next time," Frank grumbled, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Feel better now?"

"I'm sorry... Thank you for helping me," Gerard said softly, an apologetic smile on his face.

"I'd have helped anybody who was in trouble," Frank replied, knowing how Gerard didn't like to be the object of special treatment or kindness. "Though I really couldn't stand seeing that guy treat you like that."

"That was nothing, Frankie, it happens all the time," Gerard sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Look, I get off in twenty minutes. Do you mind just waiting around?"

"I can get you off sooner if you'd like," Frank said with a wink, Gerard biting his lip and chuckling at him.

"Save it for later, alright?" Gerard said before heading back to the bar, looking back at him and smiling.

"God, are you okay? I didn't see what I happened, I just heard tables crashing and all the yelling," Ray said hurriedly, Gerard dismissing his concern.

"I'm fine... Some prick was being possessive and Frank got him to let me go," he said casually, not acknowledging the fact that Frank risked getting charged with assault for him.

"He just punched a guy for you?" Ray asked, watching Gerard out of the corner of his eye.

"He would've done it for anyone who was getting harassed, he said so himself," Gerard said stiffly, avoiding the idea that Frank actually cared. If he didn't let his emotions get involved, he wouldn't get hurt again...

~~~~~~

Ayy this chapter was pretty fun to write... And you can definitely expect smut and some fluffy stuff next chapter

Thanks for reading!

-Bren

**tbh Zero Zero is such a good song, it was on repeat the whole time I wrote this and its just so fucking good**