Start

Hey guys!! I would really appreciate some feedback seeing as this is my first Wattpad story. Be brutal, I don't mind!!

--------------------------------------

Walking into school, I was greeted with the usual "hey Dom" s from people in the halls. Like I said, I was popular but I don't use it to my advantage. I hate when people do that.

Opening my locker, I put my books that I didn't need away as I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"How's it going Dom?" My best friend Luke said.

"Pretty good, besides seeing the parents swapping spit this morning" I grimaced and turned. Luke had the same look on his face as I did. He's been my best friend since before we were born. His parents were the exact same, makes me wonder if there was something in the water.

"Ugh my parents were the same. Not what I wanna see in the morning. Any way, you ready for that math test today? I heard that-"

Nodding my head, I looked around the halls. For some reason something felt different, my body felt like I needed to be on alert, like something was going to change. I got jerked back into reality as someone hit me on the head. Hard.

"Ow, what the hell??!?!!?" I said turning around.

"I thought I was gonna have to whip out the airhorn. What were you thinking about?"

"Nothing really. Just feel kinda out of it. Lets head to class ok?" I said, closing my locker.

----------------------

Settling into my seat and listening to Mr. Colt start his lecture, I tried to settle my thoughts. What happened earlier? I don't know where that feeling came from.

I can still feel it. It feels like I'm on alert and I'm waiting for something. Or someone?

Running my hands over my face, I groaned lightly. This is so strange. I've never felt like this before. What the hell is going on?!?

I barely even heard the door open before I heard Mr. Colt say something.

"Ahh you must be our new student. Welcome to Manor hills high. Please tell us about yourself. "

Looking up, I saw the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. She was short, at least 5'5" And was wearing a pair of black skinny jeans with a loose white shirt and black flats. She had black hair that fell down in tumbles down her back and dark caramel skin. I couldn't see her eyes because she was looking down into her hands.

"Umm thanks. Uh my name is Skylar. I just moved here with my family from New York. I am 17. And... Yea that's it. Can I sit now?" She asked turning to Mr. Colt.

"Of course, you can take the seat next to Mr. Matthews there. Dom, can you please raise your hand?" He asked.

I raised my hand, still in awe with how beautiful this girl was until she turned my way. I think I stopped breathing for a second. She was gorgeous. She had a round face with high cheekbones and a heart shaped mouth. Her eyes were definitely my favorite part. They were a smokey grey/green color. I realized my mouth was open as she walked towards me.

Closing my mouth and lowering my arm, I cleared my throat. Why am I so nervous?

"Hi, I'm Dominic. Or Dom for short. " I introduced myself.

"Hi. I'm Skylar, in case you didn't hear earlier. " she added shyly.

"So umm what made you move from New York to our little town? Or you don't have to tell me, sorry that was rude of me." I mumbled.

She laughed. It was a beautiful sound. Like wind chimes, cliche I know.

"No it's ok, it wasn't rude. Umm my mom and dad wanted a change of scenery and mom decided to come back 'home' as she put it. She grew up here before she moved when she was like ten." She explained. "So she decides to just switch everything around. This place is definitely different from the city, but I kinda like it."

"Well it's always good to see new faces around here. It gets boring after a while." I stage whispered. "Well if you ever need a hand around here, I'll be glad to help." I shyly added as an after thought.

She looked at her notebook for a while copying down notes. I didn't even think she heard me before I heard her quiet reply.

"I'd appreciate that a lot."