Chapter Eight

My POV:

   The sun shone brightly through window in my room, and it reflected off of my uncovered knife. The words that Shane said weighed heavily on my mind. Will forcing myself to love Shane make me happy, or should I just admit to myself that I love Daryl.

   This world that we live in is much different than the one before. You fight for survival, not love. My heart could ache for love, but never find it. To find love in this world is a rare chance, but it is definitely a chance worth taking.

   I walked out of the barn, fed the horses, and then went to check on everyone else. "Hey Rose, how're you this fine morning?" T-dog asked. "I'm fine, how are you?" I returned the question. "Trying to refrain myself from eating all of this wonderful food." He said while gesturing to the table full of food. "Did you make all of this?" I asked. "Sure did, do you want some?" He said while handing me a plate of food. "Thank you T-dog!" I smiled and took a bite, it was absolutely delicious. "Do you like it?" He laughed at me, because of my packed mouth. He continued to talked, "Can you tell anyone that you see that breakfast is ready?" "Sure."

   After a while of searching I found Daryl with Rick, Shane, Glenn,  and Dale. "Hello." I said catching their attention. "T-dog make breakfast, and it is ready if you want some." Daryl looked up and gave me a look that I couldn't quite decipher. "Alright, thank you." Rick said while readjusting his gun. "We were wondering if you wanted to go into town with us to help us gather supplies. You'll be provided with a gun, if you don't have one." Rick continued while walking towards me.

   Shane looked up and said, "I'll go with her, we can take my car. In and out in a hurry. We will be back in less than an hour." Daryl shot a glare at Shane while saying, "I can go with 'er. I have my crossbow, it's quiet. She can take her bow, I'll take mine." Rick looked between the two men. "We'll decide this after breakfast. I'll think it through." Rick walked away followed by T-dog. Daryl and Shane had a stare down.

       After a moment Shane spoke up,  "Lets let her decide, or does that bother you." Shane mocked Daryl. "Fine she c'n decide. I don't care." Daryl said while getting closer to me and farther from Shane. "I'll got with either of you, just stop this. Does it really matter who I go with? I'm not going with you guys just to go, I'm going with you guys to bring back supplies to save everyone else. So lets let Rick decide, it isn't a contest." I walked away and back to camp where everyone was eating.

   Putting on a fake smile I walked around to the back of the barn and leaned against the wall. Sliding down to the ground, I wiped the sweat from my forehead. I stayed sitting against the wall for a little while, until the cracking of a twig awoke me from my dazed state. Looking up I met the eyes of...

Author's Note: Sorry for the delay. Comment your thoughts and ideas and I'll try to incorporate them into the story.