Chapter Four

Chapter Four

My POV:

Currently I am cooking some chicken, mash potatoes, green beans, baked beans, and corn. I am chopping up some vegetables for salads, and I am baking some rolls. I have made a lot of food so far, because there are so many people. When all of the food is thoroughly cooked, I will set the table, place all the food on it, and then call them all in. They have been setting up their tents outside, so that they can all be together. Whoever wants to will move into the house tomorrow, when first light comes. Darkness was slowly peeking along the horizon, so they wouldn't have much time to do much of anything tonight, and they seemed to weak, hungry, and tired to do anything of much value anyway.

The young girl and boy, whose names I believe were Sophia and Carl, were playing a game on the front grass, while their mothers sat on some lawn chairs and watched. Rick, Shane, and T-Dog were setting up some simple things in the center of the camp, such as fire pits and lawn chairs. Glenn was fetching water from the water pump outside into large jugs, and Dale was doing something inside. Andrea was trying to clean her gun on the picnic table under a large tree in the front yard. Daryl was nowhere in sight, and I was tempted to go look for him.

He seemed very skilled at things. He held the crossbow with such a firm grip, and I knew he knew how to use it. He had such muscular arms, and he seemed well built. His eyes were so beautiful, but they held something back. He was very quiet and only spoke when he had too. He appeared to like to be by himself, and far away from everyone. He was so different from me. He seemed really fit, talented, and well depended on. I was only kinda fit, I was definitely not talented, and I was the type of person that people could depend on but I was always over looked.

Daryl was now walking out of the pasture holding about five squirrels. He was coated in sweat and dirt. His crossbow was slung up on his back, and his knife was hanging from his belt loop.

Daryl walked over and set the squirrels down by the fire and retreated back into his tent. As soon as he disappeared into his tent I began to walk away to find Andrea, so that I could ask her if she could help me get everyone inside for dinner. She wasn't sitting at the picnic table anymore, but I figured that maybe she was in the groups RV. When I began to open the door to the RV I accidentally bumped into Dale, which sent me flying onto my butt. I quickly stood up and apologized about how clumsy I was, but Dale responded back with a simple "It's okay", and a small smile before he walked away.

After asking Rick and T-Dog where Andrea was it appeared that no one knew, so I decided to just tell everyone that dinner would be ready in fifteen minutes. When everyone besides Daryl, Shane, and Andrea had been told about dinner I set off to find them. I had checked all of their tents, the house, and the RV but they were no where to be seen.

When I arrived at my last location I slid open the barn door and I walked in. When I finally walked in I saw Andrea trying to hold back Shane who was swinging at Daryl. I ran over and tried to hold back Daryl while Andrea tried to disarm the fight.

"Stop fighting! Fighting never solved anything, it only started wars." Andrea screamed while harshly jerking Shane back by the arms.

"Keep this lil' arrogant sucker off a me!" Daryl shot at Andrea.

"I'm arrogant?", Shane started. "You're the dumb racist redneck."

"Let me go!" Daryl yelled at me.

I was losing my grip on Daryl, so I quickly released my grasp on his arm and jumped in between him and Shane. As soon as I opened my mouth to ask them to explain what was wrong, I was met with a strong and firm punch to the face.