Chapter 9: Getting the Scoop on Anna

Start from the beginning

Andrewblushed a furious red. “Yeah, that plan didn’t turn out so good.”

       “You think so? Oh, and by the way, I am not a banshee, I am a vampire. You know, with the  fangs and all. No, I don’t have weaknesses from garlic or rosaries.”

     “Well, how about sunlight?”

     “What about it?”                 

   “Aren’t you supposed to turn to ashes when you go in the sunlight?”

   “Do I look dead? No. You should not believe every myth you hear. Oh and just so you know; I don’t sparkle in the sun like diamonds, like a certain fictional vampire, whom I think is gay. No man – real or fiction – should sparkle that much.”

  It was quiet once again. Then a thought came to his head, a question he’s been itching to ask. “Anna?” He asks cautiously.

   “What?”

   “In the car, what did you do to me?”

   “When I am in need of food I need to find a vessel, since you were the only around, I bit you.”

   “You mean you drank my…” his voice faltered.

Anna looked back at him, her eyes hard. “Well what did you expect, I am a vampire. It is what we do.”

    "What about that feeling...that icy cold feeling, and then that nice feeling afterwards? How do you explain that?"

     Anna sighed and rolled her eyes, "when I bite you, there is a certain liquid or venom that goes around the bitten area. This venom, so to say, numbs that area so you won't feel any pain or blood being drained from you. As for the other feeling, that occurs when we are finished and we seal the puncture wound. Also when the blood iscontinuing to pump again."

     Andrew thought this over. “Will I turn into a vampire?!”

   “What? Ew no. You are too peasant-like to even be considered to become even a lowly vampire. Besides there is a special ceremony for humans who are converting into vampires.”

   “Well what about those vampires who drink animal’s blood?”

   “You have to kidding me! Animal’s blood tastes like turd.” Anna’s face contorted into a look of disgust.

   Oh.

   “Well, if you drink blood, why did you tell my mom that you were a vegan? They eat no meat at all. I mean, if you told her that you ate your meat rare and uncooked, maybe you could eat turd tasting food.”

   “I panicked. What was I suppose to do?”

   “Well what about your ‘fangs’? How come I don’t always see them?”

   “So that, we, vampires do not scare your tiny peasant brains, we have retractable fangs, meaning that I am able to pull them into my gums a little to make them look like normal teeth.”

  There was a moment of silence as Andrew continued to brush Anna’s hair.

   Why am I still doing this?

     Finally, Andrew broke the silence with: “Why did you come here? Why leave your palace in Romania to come here?”

    Anna stiffened. “I actually did run away.”

   “Why?”

   “I didn’t want to be married.”

   “?”

   “You would not understand. A tiny brain like your's, would not understand my dilemma.”

            “Oh yeah? Try me.”

  She smirked. “The royalty clan is made up of pure blooded vampires, reaching back from maybe the beginning of time, or something like that. But as the line of vampires married other pure blooded vampires, our strength and immortality started to weaken. And strange diseases passed between us. It is like a dog. Without any new genes being passed down, there is a loss of genetic diversity which leads to illnesses. The more of a pure bred it is, the more it is prone to diseases and the less strong it is than the mixed breed dogs. So in order for the lamia to gain prosperity and continue living, some of the royalty has to marry out side the blood line. So to say, there has to be some impurity in the line to keep it pure.

   Andrew's face resembled a donkey's back end.

   Anna sighed. "Here, I will give you an example: I have a fourth cousin who is the nephew of the Duke on the Queen’s side of royalty who is the niece of the Arch duchess. Now the Arch duchess’s brother is Barry.”

   “Right, Barry”, Andrew said, pretending to understand whatever Anna just said.

   “Okay, now Barry is married to the werewolves’ princess, Anniara. This happened at least 90 years ago, when the lamia’s power was ceasing again.”

   “Okay…”

   “That also goes to show you that werewolves and vampires are not enemies. Anway, they have three sons who are half werewolf and half vampire. Lorenzo, Albert, Evan.

   “Right, Lorenzo, Albert, Evan.”

   “Now here is where I come in. I am to be married with Barry’s and Anniara’s oldest son, Lorenzo, who is twenty one and hideous. I would have preferred being married to Evan, but he is too young.”

   “How old is he?”

   “Twelve years old.” 

   “And I would not have a problem marrying Albert. He and his boyfriend are hilarious, but I just could not.”

   “Because he’s gay?” Andrew said sympathetically.

   “Huh? Oh no, I am just not into blonds. And…I just could not deal with being tied with somebody for eternity”, she continued. “My mother says that I am being immature and ungrateful, but I could not deal with the fact that I would have to continue the blood line with children and have all of that pressure on me. So I left. I made sure that nobody followed me and in the middle of the night. I ran, stole cars, and even snuck aboard those cruise ships that went from Europe to America. When I finally arrived to this suburban farmland of a town, I decided that I was far enough from Romania.”

  Silence came and engulfed them like a thick blanket.

   “You can go now...and you won’t tell anyone about me”, Anna whispered. She took the brush out of Andrew’s hand and pushed him out towards the door.

   Who would believe me?

He walked back to his room and slept solemnly. A few hours after Andrew awoke and dimly saw Anna’s silver-grey eyes. He knew what it meant, but didn’t say anything. He fell back to sleep and dreamed of silver eyes and fangs.

*******

Hello again! Well, this is chapter 10 and finally some of the question about Anna have been answered! Enjoy and I hope you like this chapter! (Not really happy with the ending of it, but oh well, what's done is done.)

Please Read, Vote & Comment!

Note: This story should be enjoyed with chocolate :)