Prologue

Middle school- Y/N's POV.
Thump thump thump, the rain pounds on my umbrella. I stand awaiting for him to come. "Huh, so you're the one who wrote this note." A familiar orange-haired twin said.
"U-uh yeah," I whispered. "I, um, like you, Hikaru." "Actually, I'm Kaoru. Hikaru doesn't like you but, I do and I mean we're the same and all. After all, we are twins."
"B-but, your not the same. Sure your twins. You may look the same, but your not. You really aren't, Hikaru." His eyes grew in shock. "How'd you know?!"
"Your not the same" I giggled. "I have to get going but, here" I handed him my umbrella, "I noticed you and Kaoru didn't bring an umbrella this morning."
I turned "wait, what about you, don't you need an umbrella?" Hikaru asked."Nah, I love rain. Besides today is my last day here so, I wanted to tell you I liked you. Bye Hikaru and Kaoru, I know you're behind the pillar"
I giggled and walked home letting my dumb uniform get drenched.
Once I got home, My mom greeted me, and it was not a nice one. "Y/N!! Where have you been, and why do you have water all over you! You dumb slut! Why are you such a disappointment!" She raised her hand to my face and hit.
I felt the impact hit me. I let the water fill my eyes but, I did not dare to let them fall. "Ugh, idiot. Just go to your room. This is why your getting homeschooled till you're a senior." I nodded.
"Yes mom" I walked up the stairs and into my room.
I opened the door and laid on my bed, finally letting my tears fall. I grabbed Nikaya and held it tight.