5: The Player's First Crush

Start from the beginning

"Daniel clearly doesn't think so," I muttered.

"That's because Daniel is retarted"

We talked for about another hour before we both got tired and slept.

The weekend went by extremely fast. I went hiking with Linc, because we planned to do so for the longest time but never got around to it. Then on Sunday I stayed at home, doing a bunch of school work that needed to be done. It was now Monday and I am standing outside the classroom waiting for the teacher to let me and the rest of the class in.

***

"When do you want to start the ISU?" Daniel asked. Never, was the answer I wanted to tell him, but I couldn't fail. I don't want to ever face Daniel again, I want to just act like he's not in my life. Maybe I could do that, maybe all I have to do is act like he doesn't exist. That's going to be easier said than done. We have the ISU together, so my plan is impossible. I really have to act like a stronger person, I can't run away and cry everytime Daniel insults me, I would cry a river and run a mile if I did that. I just have to act like what he said didn't affect me.

"Well?" I just remembered Daniel was talking to me. He had an annoyed expression.

"We should start right away"

I swear I heard him groan as soon as I said it. Was I really that bad to be around? Before Daniel used to love to hang out with me, he loved it so much, everyday we had to see each other. Even when one of us went on vacation we begged our parents if we could go together, and if we couldn't we would webcam most of the time. A few years ago Daniel was my life, everything I did or decided revolved around him. Pushing him away was the worst thing I ever did in my life, but I just couldn't control myself around him.

"Daniel, what the hell is wrong with you? Melenie is right, you act like a dick at times. I know what I did may have hurt you, but I had my reasons. Do you really think I wouldn't be your friend for no reason?" I spat then walked away. I couldn't face whatever he was going to say to me. I need to think before I talk. Why would I just snap like that? But I actually always wanted to, I always wanted to be trapped in a room with him and unload everything I think about how he is acting.

I continued walking, and I refused to look back. I don't know if he was following me or not. I wouldn't be surprised if he just shrugged and continued sitting there. He doesn't care about me or my opinions. No one was at school because we stayed back at the library to see what we are going to do for this ISU. Why did we have to be partners?

A hand caught my arm and stopped my internal rant. I refused to turn around. It was probably Daniel, no one else was at the school.

"Annabelle?" That was definitely Daniel, no one else makes my insides melt when they say my name. I wish I could hear him say it more. I wish we always remained best friends, actually I wish, we were more. What if he was boyfriend? Would I want this Daniel as my boyfriend?

"Annabelle?" He repeated. Tears started prickling in my eyes. I really need to stop being to damn emotional about everything, but this really reminded me of the old days.

"Anna Banana, let's play outside" Daniel got a hold of my hand.

"Okay, DanDan. We can play hide and seek, it's always fun to play that outside" We both grinned and he gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Let's go best friend" He smiled.

Don't turn around Annabelle. Don't turn around. When I didn't turn around, Daniel moved to face me.

"What?" I asked.

"What's with you and your spazzing?" He asked. I couldn't help the tears from falling, that's all he wanted to say? I thought he was going to apologize or something, actually I hoped he would do that. I keep on hoping that one day this Daniel will be replaced with my Daniel. I don't think that's going to happen. His grip on my wrist tightened, it didn't hurt me though, it actually felt comforting.

"Daniel, let go of my arm," My voice cracked slightly due to the fact that I am crying. I just want him to care about me, I guess that's too much to ask.

"Annabelle, why are you crying?" He sounded sort of uninterested. He was probably doing this because if a guy notices a girl crying he is almost obligated to say 'why are you crying?' or 'whats wrong'?

"BECAUSE OF YOU DANIEL!" I yelled. I just couldn't hold it anymore, I had to let it out. I want to run home and scream into my pillow. I can't take this hurt feeling anymore.

"What did I do?" He asked softly. I was actually expecting him to just walk away, or say some stupid reply.

"What did you do? Are you really asking that? You've done shit, that's what you did. You treat me like crap, that's what you did," I said raising my voice.

"Annabelle, it's not like you haven't done that before" He said in a slightly rougher tone.

"THAT WAS 3 YEARS AGO AND I HAD MY FUCKING REASONS!!" I shouted. I never used to resort to swearing but I couldn't take it anymore. He stepped back a bit, and he looked completely taken back, I was never one to lose my temper. He always brought that up.

I walked away but I forgot he had a hold of my wrist. I just wished he'd leave me alone, he makes it so much harder than it already is. There were so many moment's where I wish to blurt out It was because I'm in love with you, but I could never say that.

"Calm down Annabelle"

"Just let go Daniel" I said sternly, it failed because I was crying. I hated that Daniel could make me cry. He did as I asked and let go, and I walked away from him. When will my feelings for him ever end?

Authors Note: Hello Wattpaders, I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter! Annabelle and Daniel are a bit different here, but don't always expect it ;)

What do you think of Annabelle's outburst? I mean it's finally time right? But she's still the same vunerable Annabelle!!

I know you guys all hate the way Daniel acts, but that's who he is, he will change......eventually, but until then he's a dick!

Just to remind you all, I'm currently working on 2 stories, one with my best friend, and another on my own which should be uploaded soon, stay tuned for it :D

Comment.Vote.Fan. Please? :D