Caught

Monday was back to normal again. Harry was popular, I was not and we were back to our subtle stares, which now had secrets behind them. To anyone on the outside we looked just as we had looked before all of this: two kids who weren't friends. At least that's what we thought.

At lunch, I found myself staring into those big green eyes, that were now curious instead of loving as they usually were. My eyes carefully examined every chocolate curl, his perfect lip structure, and the way his lips curbed as he mouthed the words 'I miss you' to me.

My cheeks flushed which made him grin at me before turning back into his conversation as I turned into mine. Everyone was discussing their thoughts on just about every topic from Star Wars to Teen Wolf except for Eleanor. Her dark brown eyes were baring into mine. I have her a confused look and she quickly turned her head but I could still feel her steal long glances at me.

When lunch was over, and I had finally made my way through the hall traffic to my next class, Eleanor was waiting by the door. Not. Wanting any trouble, I walked straight through and sat down where I normally did. Instead of Eleanor sitting in her usual seat, she walked right by it and dropped her stuff off in the chair next to me, leaving a very confused and lonely Dani.

"Hey Louis," she said, in a more quizzical voice than her usually cheery one.

"Hi?" I said, as more of a question.

Something was definitely wrong here.

About 20 minutes into Maths, Eleanor made a quick motion with her foot and shoved a small slip of paper under my chair. I pushed my pencil off the table and reached down to collect it and the paper.

I unfolded it and read the two words written neatly on one side: "Why Him?"

My face froze. I wasn't ashamed of Harry (if anything, he should be ashamed of me) but I don't want everyone to know. Harry didn't either, and that still hurt. I don't want him to think I told her and everyone knows Eleanor can't keep her mouth shut to save her life. If she knew, so would everyone else.

As much as her evil stares begged me too, I didn't write back to her. We were doing this in person, if at all.

Eleanor kept scribbling notes to me and sending them but I was acting as if I didn't see them.

"Ms. Calder" the teacher said in a devious way. "Would you like to share with the class what you have written?"

Eleanor flushed red. "No thanks sir", she said timidly.

"Then I will" he spoke and swiftly took the note from her cause Eleanor to nervously crawl into her sweater.

He cleared his voice and began: "Louis, you can't ignore this or me. Tell me and I'll stop. Otherwise good luck getting away from me."

"Mr. Tomlinson", he began again, "for the sake of my class just tell her later so I won't have anymore disruptions," he spoke and then turned to Eleanor, " Ms. Calder, you may want to rethink how you decide to tell your friends things in the future. One more time and I will have no choice but to send you to the principals office. I looked at Harry and he was staring at me. He must think I told. His green eyes were sharp and glazed over.

I started mouthing words to him but he turned away from me, disappointed.

After class I tried to chase down Harry but before I got to him, Eleanor got to me.

"First off" she started, "thanks a lot for getting me in trouble."

"I wasn't the one furiously passing notes" I said.

"And two, talk to me Louis," she said, almost concerned. "Why him?"

"Look can we talk about this later?" I said, glancing to make sure Harry hadn't left.

"Why?" Eleanor says following my gaze.

"I have to clarify something" I said.

"Does he think you told me? Is he embarrassed of you guys?"

As much as I wanted to say 'No Harry is not like that!' That was exactly the truth.

He didn't want anyone to know. So I nodded. And she rolled her eyes.

"You deserve better Louis"

"Please don't tell" I said, as she walked away and turned to chase after Harry.

Please.

A/N: So Sorry it took so long! And it's bad guys I'm sorry I promise when I get back from camp I'll do like three updates in a row you guys won't even know what hit you. Comment your summer plans or thoughts on this chapter, suggestions or whatever is on your mind! Thanks so much for reading love you all❤