Chapter Forty Eight

Start from the beginning

It gets tiring you know.

I've been fighting all my life and nothing, not a single thing will work anymore. Not medicines nor needles. Not even an operation. So I decided to stop the treatments. Because if its not working anymore then why would I let myself suffer when I should just live the little time I have left right?

"Alright children, its still early in the morning. Andi's fine now and I bet all of you still has school." Dr. Mason stated. Almost all of them groaned, I could feel their distaste lingering in the air. Ah, the perks of being sick. Huh.

"I'll take care of Andi. I don't have to go to school." Jacques suggested.

"As if. Alright. Let's go. Andi has Justin to take care of her dumbass." Scarlet said as she pulled Jacques towards the door. "Bye everyone! Bye dad!"

"Hey! That's twice now!"

"Also, like we would let you not suffer with us in school. We're all in this together dude." Stephen patted Jacques shoulder when they all descended towards the door.

"We'll get going now Ands." Aruella chuckled. "Take care of my cousin Bieber. Bye, Doc Mase. We'll visit later." I watched as Aruella closed the door, their bickering could still hear from the inside. Couldn't help but to smile at them. I wonder if it's still like that when they'll get older. How would things turn out for them? Would they still be these care free teenagers? How much would they hang out after college? Will they stay the same as always? Will things stay the same?

Closing my eyes, I tried to steady the beat of my heart. It's going to be okay Ands. It's all going to be okay in the end.

"Looks like Andi still needs more rest." I heard Dr. Mason said that I opened my eyes. Just then, I saw Justin staring at me. Staring, not looking. It was as if he was thinking and couldn't fathom a single thing. "I'll head out now. The hospital needs me as well. Also, I called Anthony. He'll be here as soon as he can which is tomorrow."

"Does she need anything?" Justin asked, out of a sudden. "I mean, should she be taking any medications---?" I grasped Justin's hand a little bit tightly as he was holding mine.

"I'm okay Justin." My voice sounded like a bare whisper. It sounded... weak. "I just need a little rest." Justin's eyes looked so lost and tired and helpless. Just when did it look like that? Just when did it lose its own light? They were so alive back then, back when we were at the amusement park, when we gate crash a wedding. "Hey. Look, I'm fine." I said again, smiling at him.

"She's okay Justin. She just needs to take a little rest and she'll be okay." Dr. Mason sounded like I was. I don't know what but it seems we were both trying to tell Justin something, something between a lie and the truth.

"Yeah." He said but he wasn't looking at anyone, his gaze strained to our intertwined hands. "Right." I saw him smile, but it was a smile that will make you sad. It looked pained.

"Justin, hey, what's---" I was cut off when a pager rang. It was Dr. Mase's.

"I have to get going. It's the hospital." He stated.

"Okay." Justin replied, slipping away from my hold. "I'll accompany you on your way out."

"Uhmm... okay. I'll head out now Andrea."

"Take care Uncle Mase."

"Take care Andrea."

Never did once Justin looked at me again as he sauntered his way out with Uncle Mason. His brown eyes strayed far away. When he closed the door, I felt a sudden urge to cry. My tears streamed as I stared at the cream painted ceiling.