1) That Would Just Be A Death Sentence

Ft. Ginny

Darkness, a cold sweeping over the world. The sun no longer shone, the birds no longer sang, the colour seemed to be draining from the earth. People and animals alike were getting nervous, something was coming, something big. Everyone could feel it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Lily's POV
The little café shook as another train thundered past, Harry, Emmaline and I sharing a booth, Em sitting beside me sharing my copy of the Daily Prophet, while Harry sat opposite us with his own copy.

"Harry and Lily Potter?" The waitress sauntered up to the table, spotting the headline of this Prophet edition, but her attention was only on Harry. "Who's Harry and Lily Potter?"

"Um, no one, they're kind of crazy really." Harry smiled, lowering his paper to greet her.

I rolled my eyes, flicking the paper I was holding and Emmaline snickered beside me. My eyes swept over the article of Lucius Malfoy and a bunch of other Death Eaters being the newest residents of Azkaban, they had managed to catch sight of Narcissa Malfoy and Draco leaving the hearing. I looked over the now very tall blonde, his eyes sunken and he looked tired.

"Funny that paper of yours." The waitress flirted. "Couple of nights ago, I could've sworn I saw a picture move."

"Really?" Harry asked, feigning surprise.

"Thought I was going around the twist." She giggled, an annoying sound that made. "Maybe I'm as crazy as those Potters."

I lowered the paper and rested my steely gaze on her shocked one. She looked taken-a-back, probably because Emmaline looked strikingly like Harry and my brother and I had the same eyes. "Ah, hello, who are you?" She asked nervously.

I put on a fake, mocking smile. "My name's Lily and this here is my twin brother, Harry Potter."

"And I'm Emmaline Black, daughter of the mass murder Sirius Black?"

The girl looked around at all of us wide-eyed and Harry sighed exasperatedly, grabbing my arm dragging me out of the cafe, Emmaline following begrudgingly along behind. On the platform, I wrenched my arm out of his grip and stomped away, refusing to talk to him and Emmaline followed by my side. His behaviour, honestly.

"What the fuck Lily!" He shouted, running along beside me as I went up the stairs, then down another flight, to another platform.

"Don't 'what the fuck' me! Your grieving period makes me sick! Dragging a different girl into the house every night! That's Emmaline's house!" By now I had stopped and all I could see was the area around us go a deep shade of red, as I narrowed my eyes at him. There was scarcely any people on the platform. "Do you even know that Remus has moved in with us?! He barely sees you and is always asking us where you are."

He blinked, obviously he hadn't known and went to say something when Emmaline stood between us. "Okay, okay that's enough, you two." She pushed us apart and I turned away crossing my arms. "This is ridiculous, all summer you've been at each other's throats like there's not a war going on around us already. The last thing this world needs is the only thing that can save them fighting."

"Well spoken, Miss Black." Dumbledore's voice behind us made us jump and we turned to see him examining a perfume add that was plastered over the brick wall. "You have been fighting a lot this summer, twins."

"You wonder why." I scoffed, glancing down at his hand as Harry glared at me.

I wasn't the only one who noticed the blackened hand, which looked like it was dead. "Sir, what happened to your hand?" Emmaline asked.