Chapter 14: Really, it's fine

Start from the beginning

I looked up at his slender frame, serious face, and all I felt was guilt. He began to lean down, I knew he was going to kiss me but I just couldn't right now.

I stepped back a little, causing my body to push against a small end table place conveniently by the door. Note the sarcasm on conveniently.

Isaiah stared at me with confusion. I was annoyed with myself for being so indecisive. I didn't have to tell him. He doesn't tell me everything. I doubt he took us seriously anyway. I mean, I am his student. He couldn't possibly be serious about building a relationship with me.

"I kissed Carter." I blurted it out as quickly as I could, avoiding any eye contact with him the second the words slipped out of my mouth.

I wasn't looking but I felt his eyes staring at the top of my head. I didn't know if silence was a good thing but I was beginning to become uncomfortable. What if he got mad? What if he has some kind of crazy temper and he hit me? I mean, no one else was here. He could kill me and get away with it. No one knew about us, not even Lizzy.

It felt like minutes went by before he actually opened his mouth to say something. He stepped back, creating a new awkward space between us. Once space was created, all he did was laugh, loudly.

Blinking a few times, I brought my gaze back up to him in shock. He was laughing. That was funny to him?

Isaiah closed the space between us once again, pulling me into a light hug. "Aw Stac, that's okay." He chuckled once again before drawing me to arm’s length so he could see my face.

"Don't look so surprised, I'm truly fine. I'm not mad or anything. You're young. We were fighting, kind of. I get it, it’s fine."

I stared at him in disbelief. Easier than I thought.

"Well wanna go up to my room and see my entry?" It was weird he didn't care about my kiss with Carter but I wasn't going to force him to care about it. It was the past now.

I took hold of his hand and gently yanked him towards my room.

"I really shouldn't see it until the show, no other art teacher involved in this art show has seen their students work." He pointed out but was walking along with me anyway.

"I'm pretty sure no other art teacher is involved with their art student nor randomly shows up at their house without warning." I shot back playfully. "Why did you come over anyway?" I asked once we reached my room.

My painting was on the more empty side of my room, away from my bed and anything else so it could dry properly. I dropped Isaiah's hand and he went over to my painting.

He didn't say anything, he just stared for long moments, occasionally glancing my way but still not saying anything. I was nervous. I couldn't tell if his silence was a good thing or if I failed completely and this painting would not get far in this art show.

Biting my nails, rocking back and forth in my spot, feet planted to the floor, I was just about to start twirling my hair when he spoke.

"Stacie." His voice was soft and hushed. Isaiah's hand rubbed his face and I grew more nervous within seconds.

"It's perfect."

I let out a breath I was holding when his words hit the air. "Thank you." A small, coy smile spread across my face as I walked over to join him in front of my painting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isaiah's POV

Any new anger I just had slipped away instantaneously. I gawked at the painting of a girl. Her hair a soft pink, wrapped up and held by a stripped heart shaped pin. The eyes big and colorful, complimented by a dinky button nose. Pouting lips and fingers exaggerated in length.

It was beautiful. So much detail to be done in such little time. All that crossed my mind was how amazing Stacie truly was.

I would hurt her, taint an innocent soul because I couldn't ignore my attraction. I moved my gaze to Stacie once again; she'd joined me and finally returned to her normal color. She was scared, wanting of my approval. She just didn't understand how wonderful I thought she really was.

Maybe that's why I wasn't entirely angry about Carter. I couldn't find it in myself to be when I had kept so much from her already.

My phone vibrated for a third time since I'd arrived, I ignored it again. I already knew what and who it was. I took one last glance at the painting, lacing my hand with Stacie's.

"I have to go sweet heart. I'll call you later, okay?" I pulled her into a hug which she returned quickly. "The painting is perfect." I added.

"You've told me." She smiled.

My hand went under her chin, leaning down and placing my lips on hers.

"And tell Carter you have a boyfriend." I tried to sound as playful as I could but I'm sure she knew I was serious so she nodded in reply.

"I'll walk you to the door." She said cheerfully.

"I'll pick you up in the morning." I said when we reached the door, sharing a small peck before saying our last goodbye with promises to talk later.

-Well, that's about it for this chapter. The next one should be about the art show. More Carter and bringing Lizzy back since I've seemed to forget about her for a while lol. Excuse me for any mistakes, I'm lazy lol. Sorry if its short. I'm not sure the length of this chapter. Til next time ^_^ (picture of the painting on the side)