Chapter 3

I scroll through Google and clicked on every page that mentioned ‘Louis Tomlinson’. Surprisingly, I found out that Louis didn’t win the X-Factor but he was put in a band. The boys were all very good looking. According to the X-Factor website, I found out that a new episode will be in today!

Grabbing my laptop, I wiped my teary eyes, and ran to the TV room. “Move!” I yelled at my older brother, Chris. “I have to watch something.”

“So…?” He grabbed the remote and raised the volume of the TV. “The game is on.”

“I need to see something. C’mon!” I tried to steal the remote from him, while placing the laptop on the table.

“Is this what it’s all about?” Chris asked. He took the laptop and started to read the article. “Louis?... He’s in a band now?”

“Yeah, but I need to see the new episode of the X-Factor. Now give me the damn remote Chris!” I snatched the remote away and pushed him off the couch. Switching the channel, I saw that the x-factor was already on. ‘Great.’ I thought. ‘Now, I probably missed them.’ Just as I was about to switch the channel, the announcer said something about One Direction preforming next. I looked at Chris, who was looking throw his Facebook. “Can you believe this?” I almost yelled.

“No. If the kid was so into you… as a friend… then he would’ve been told you.” He typed something in and then looked at me. “When was the last time you guys even talked?”

“That doesn’t matter.” I looked at the television, trying to hide the sadness. “Shh! It’s on.”

“One Direction!” I heard the crowd go wild. Staring at the screen, I nervously watched and waited patiently for the boys to appear. The music began, and all the boys were on the stage. They started singing “Chasing Cars.” I almost freaked out when I saw his face. He looked so different… Different Good.

“Gay” I heard Chris mumble.

“They're not!" He chuckled and whispered a quick ‘never mind.’ “That’s what I thought.”

When the boys finished singing. The judges started to complement them. A huge smile grew on my face as Louis smiled. According to the judges, I could tell they were doing pretty good. But that performance… It seemed so magical. I wanted to cry.

“Are you serious?” I looked up to see my younger brother, Neyo. “Why are you watching this shit?”

In all, I have 4 brothers. Chris is 19. Neyo is 14. And Cody and Leo are both 9.

“Uh, it’s not shit! Louis is on this!” I yelled. “Look.” He looked at the screen and blankly looked at me.

“They look gay…” He said. I watched as he took a seat next to Chris.

“You guys are just jealous you can never look as good as them. “ I spat. Throwing the remote at Neyo, I walked to the kitchen. I grabbed a jar of peanut butter and sat on the kitchen table. Just as I did that, my mom walked into the room and grabbed a bear from the fridge.

“Butturr?” She slurred. “Who eats butter?”

“It’s peanut butter.” I rolled my eyes and closed the fridge that she left opened (-_-)

“Well, momma’s sorry. By the way, CHRIS!?” She yelled. In less than 5 seconds, Chris appeared in the kitchen. “I have to go out tonight. You’re in charge.” She pat his head, like a little dog, and walked out the room.

“Aren’t I always?” Chris opened the fridge and grabbed a slice of pizza. “Want one?” He asked. I nod my head. He put the pizzas in the microwave and sat next to me. “She’s going with him again… isn’t she?”

I looked at my brother and shrugged my shoulders. It’s been like this ever since I was 12. My mom was constantly with someone. She gets drunk. Go to a club. Get even more drunk. Go home with a stranger. Wake up the next day and leave. Just like that. She never finds out their name… nothing. Chris once asked her to try and settle with someone but she insisted that she knew what was right. Every night she would leave us alone. Never telling us where she’s going. One day, a few days ago, a man called her cell, but she wasn’t around to answer… so Chris made me do it. The guy started to babble about how much fun “Last night” was. He wouldn’t stop talking. Then, he asked if she could come over again. Chris and I never told my mom, but we found out that he sent her a message.

“I really don’t know.” As soon as he got up to fetch our pizza, mom ran down the stairs and shouted a quick ‘good bye’.

“Where’s Cody and Leo?” Chris asked. “NEYO! Where’s Cody and Leo?” I ran to our youngest brothers’ room. Slowly I opened the door to find Cody and Leo sleeping. I let out a sigh of relief. I closed the door and ran back to Chris. I told him they were sleeping. Chris, Neyo and I all agreed to watch a few movies and then go to bed. After all, it was already 10.

While we were watching some weird movie, I couldn’t help but smile. I felt so happy! It’s a good feeling when you find out someone you really care about is happy. Even if they don’t talk to you anymore.

_______________

I wanted to put this book on hold, but two lovely readers said it was really good, and I should update.

A massive 'Thanks' to @macaroniall and @cheesebean 

Anyways, How'd you guys like it? *Sorry for these late updates. Im trying really hard to finish my other book on @DEM_O_E Its call Pink to Black, please check it out!