"Chapter 12"

Chapter 12

she turned her head towards where the voice was coming from,

and found herself looking at him.

no one had called her by her real name in a long time,

it was always nicknames, that the people around her had made.

nicknames that kept her up at night, crying.

he walked closer to her and studied her tear stained cheeks.

she scrutinized his face, for any sign of regret,

sadness,

rue,

any sign of emotion coming from him, but his face was stone cold, just like his heart delilah thought.

and as she looked at him, he saw the heartbreak in her eyes, the disappointment that flowed through her like blood, the agony in her heart.

the time passed slowly as they stared at each other. her face giving away a little too much emotion, and his giving away too little emotion.

without her realising, he came closer to her, and sat in front of her.

and as he raised his hand slowly, she flinched back almost on instinct, fully shielding her face with her arms.

yet when she realised he wasn't planning to harm her in any way, she let her arms drop.

he took this chance to place his hand on the back of her head, and caress her hair. twirling the soft strands between his fingers. he looked so captivated by her beautiful hair, that he didn't acknowledge what he was actually doing.

and when he took his hand away, realising his actions, she was left even more disappointed.

so to feel the least bit of physical touch with him, she grabbed his rough hand in her soft smaller one.

but before she had the time to intertwine them, he pulled his hand back, almost in disgust, and stood up.

and not even giving her one last glance, he walked away.

she sighed, and closed her eyes. she only wants to make him happy, but it seems to become harder as she tries to become closer to him.