The drive was quite after we left the blood bank. Alex looked liked he was lost in thought, hopefully thinking of how to tell Dom what happened. I wished he'd talk to me, after all we're in this together. And he'd better make that clear to Dom, not just take all the blame. (He would too. Then Dom would definitely kill Alex.) God, he looked so hot, staring out the window with a far away expression on his face, I took all my willpower (and the fact I was driving, and didn't want to die. Again.) Not to lean over and kiss him.

*flashback*

"What are you thinking about?"

"What to tell our "fearless" leader, with the bad temper" he said, making air quotes when he said fearless.

"Did you come up with anything?"

"Yes and no. it important to tell him the rogues attacked us after we led them away from the cabin, leave out the part about the hospital, he doesn't need to know that, it wouldn't help."

"Ok. Anything else?"

"Ya. Let me do the talking. He knows and trusts Me." he said, then noticed my expression, he quickly added. "Not that he doesn't trust you, he's just known me longer."

"Its fine, I get it"

"Charl......"

"I said its fine."

"its just he's know me longer...and....and I'm his right-hand man.... and... and....." he trail off quietly, looking down at the floor, trying to explain himself.

"Alex. Alex, look at me" he looked up "I get it. He's known you forever, he trusts you, your next in command. Its fine, I'm not mad." I said gently.

"You're not?" he questioned, scrunching up his nose adorably "I thought "I'm fine" was girl code for "I'm not okay, but I'll pretend I am so no one asks questions." Is that, not right?"

"It is, but it can also literally mean "I'm fine." I said, laughing at him.

"Girls are confusing" he said, scrunching his nose again.

"Yes, we are" I said, smiling. His laughter cut off, and his face had a somber expression on it.

"We're here" he said, all traces off the laughter, that had been there a few seconds before, where now gone.

"Charl......."

"Ya?"

"I....um...I.......ah....we should get going"

"Ok" I tried not to let the hurt sound in my voice. Whatever Alex was going to tell me must have been important, he never gets tongue tied. We walked up to the side door, and walked in without knocking.

*end flashback*

A/N: Picture is charl. MaxiPohllyle drew it. She's an amazing artist!!