4

I didn't want to leave him if it happened again, I couldn't leave him. He new that too, that's why he made me promise. We had to run through the storm to get to the road, then we had to find the shack where we'd parked the truck. It was hard not to get lost in the harsh, white snow that stung my face while we ran. It was so cold, that we would have frozen to death if we'd been human.

*flashback*

We where almost to the shack, when the rogue vamps caught up.

"Go! I'll hold them off!"

"I'm not leaving without you!"

"GO! NOW!"

I started running. One of them dived for my ankle, we fell and I kicked him in the face, I could feel bone breaking under my foot, the sickening crunch off my boot against his face, but it was the only way to get out of there. I crawl/ran towards the truck, I planned to run them over, (it wouldn't kill them, but it would slow them down a bit.) hopefully, giving us enough time to get away. I could hear Alex fighting them, while I tried to get the truck stated. As soon as the engine turned over, I crashed through the doors, and started towards the last place I'd seen Alex. It was hard to see with all the snow, but I picked up movement on the left-hand side of the road. I gunned the engine, 3 of vamps looked up when the heard me coming and leaped to the side, (there was 4 in total, one was holding Alex, the others where beating him.) the one holding Alex, threw him at the truck and ran, I just managed to swerve the truck in time. He climbed in with surprising speed for someone covered in so much blood.

"Drive. We need to get out of here. Fast." He said holding his side like it hurt, I think they broke his ribs. Again, I gunned the motor, driving down the mountain at dangerous speeds. (I never was good at driving.)

"Are you alright?"

"Never better"

"You don't have to be sarcastic"

"Sorry"

We drove in silence for a while, I slowed down a bit because I couldn't see very well and I didn't want to drive off the edge of the road.

"How your hand?"

"Its fine. I saw you broke one of their noses"

"I did? I know I kicked one in the face but I didn't know I broke something"

"Ya" he said with a bit of a laugh "there was blood all over his face, looked like he wanted to murder somebody"

"Good. He deserved it."

"Yes, yes he did. Oww!" he groaned in pain.

"Do you want me to stop at the hospital? Its not that far"

"No! We should keep going, I'll be fine until we get to New York."

"No, you wont! You'll bleed to death before we get there!"

"Their still out there Charl! If we stop now they'll catch us for sure! And its kind of hard to bleed to death when I'm already dead."

"Not funny Alexander." I said through gritted teeth. I kept going past the exit sign, I knew that even if I stopped he wouldn't go in. we'd have to wait till New York, I hoped he would still be ok by then.

*end flashback*

Alex slept through most of the trip, fortunately NYC was only a few hours away. It looked like the bleeding had stopped for the most part, but he would need to get to a hospital soon. When we got close to the city, I started looking for a hospital.

*flashback*

I hated to wake him up but I had too, if I wanted him to get help.

"Alex, Alex wake up, Alex." I said while gently shaking his shoulder. "Come on Alex. You need to wake up" the only response I got was a loud moan. "ALEX! WAKE UP!"

"Huh! What's going on? Oww. Why are you yelling? Where are we?"

"I'm yelling cause you wouldn't wake up. Were in New York and we need to find you a hospital. So, help me look."

"Don't stop at the first one you see. If they followed us that where they'll look first."

"Ok. So, stop at the next one then?"

"Ya. Then we better get back to the pack. Dom will want to hear about this."

" We'll have to take the long way around though. Don't want the rogues to follow us"

"Ya"

*end flashback*