2

The cabin is where we stay when we're hunting. It's out in the middle of nowhere so humans don't see us. I think Alex can tell this all seems off. The last vamps that where sent out in pairs never returned, that'd why we hunt in groups.

*flashback*

It's been a few days since we got to the cabin, it stated snowing yesterday. Alex just got back from hunting, so he's got a deer hanging around his shoulders.

"It's bloody freezing out there! if I wasn't undead, I'd be frozen solid." He said while swinging the deer off hi shoulders.

"It's a good thing your undead then. I don't know the way back down the mountain" I said helping him carry the deer to the basement.

They'd send a search party out if were not back by the end of the month"

"I hope we find some better food than this by then. Otherwise we may need to raid the blood bank" I said with a sly smile.

"Me too" he said, grinning " but there won't be much out there in this weather. Brrr"

*end flashback*

That deer was scrawny. But it was the biggest thing we'd found so far. We had to go back soon, and we'd barely enough for the 2 of us, let alone a whole pack of vamps. Dom wasn't going to like that. So, Alex had sent him a message through the radio system. (Old fashioned I know.)

*flashback*

Alex was out hunting, so I was alone in the cabin. We'd agreed to go out on at a time, in case something happened. It had started snowing again; I think we might have a storm soon. It was just past noon when Alex came bursting through the door.............

"Charl! we need to go now!"

"Why? what's wrong?"

'There's other vamps out there! rouges!"

"Maybe they didn't see you?"

"Maybe. But it won't take them long to sniff us out. We have to go now."

"Ok. I'll pack, you keep watch"

*end flashback*