5

It was another half and hour before we found a hospital, and a couple more hours after that before we left. Alex was nervous the whole time they'd figure out what we are or the rogues would find us.

*flashback*

"There's a hospital. What's our cover?"

"We where hiking in the mountains, and a bear attacked us."

"Do you think they'll buy it?"

"Charl, look at me, I think they'll buy it." He said gesturing to his broken and bloody body.

"Good point" I said looking at him.

"You'll have to help me in."

"Why? You can walk, can't you?"

"Yes. But don't you think humans will find it strange if I walk into emergency looking like this" he said, gesturing to his body again.

"Ok. I take you've done this before"

"Lots"

"Ok then. Let's get going"

"Remember, you have to be believable. Pretend I'm your boyfriend or something. And be kind of hysterical, like you watched a bear maul me to almost to death."

"Ok...? What if they ask me questions? "Like, how did it happen?" Or "what did the bear look like?" how am I going to answer that?"

"pretend you're in shock, all you can remember is; hiking and having a good time, then suddenly there was a bear mauling me, and the next thing you remember is driving here with me bleeding to death riding shotgun."

"Just to clarify, you're my boyfriend, and we where hiking when a bear attacked you, and I've got a bit of amnesia and can't remember what happened, and the next thing I know is I'm driving here with you in shotgun, correct?"

"Perfect, maybe you should cry a bit if they ask you questions. Make it more believable."

"I'll try. Should I half drag half carry you in?"

"Yes! That would be perfect."

"Ok. Let's go." I helped him out of the truck, he put his arm around my shoulder, and started stumbling and dragging his feet as if he was drunk.

"Why are you so heavy? Its like dragging a bag of bricks." I asked, He moaned in response. As soon as we got to the door, I started walking faster, with more urgency, a mixed look of panic and fear on my face.

"Help! Somebody help me!" I shouted once we where inside, a nurse came rushing over.

"What's wrong miss? Are you hurt? Oh my...." her voice trailed off when she saw Alex.

"Its my boyfriend, he got mauled by a bear! Please help him!" my voice going up an octave, like I was on the verge of hysterics.

"Oh yes" the nurse said, signaling to the other one behind the desk to get a gurney, "You said a bear attacked him miss? What where you doing that a beat attacked you?"

"We where hiking and the next thing I know he's getting mauled by a bear. Please help him! You have to help him!" I said crying a little, (the whole acting thing wasn't as hard as it looked.) my voice rising a bit more at the end.

"Its alright miss. What are your names?" she asked, (her name tag said Meg.) while loading him on to the gurney with the help of the other nurse.

"I-I'm Charlie, he's Alan. Is he going to be okay?" I said looking down at him. He groaned when I said his name, (I knew better than to give our real names.)