Chapter 5

Duclet was another human, Mareth had some Council of Time business (something about a cut but Percy really wasn't paying attention ). After walking around the city block for a while, Percy began to appreciate  the archtectural wonders more and more.

     "My girlfriend , Annabeth, would love this place. How do you do it without power tools?" he asked Duclet, she thought for a moment, then answered.

       " Belive it, or not, almost every Overlander I have given a tour to has asked me that very same question. And although I had no idea what they were talking about, at first, I always have the same answer."

      "What's that?"

     "How do you think the Chinese built their Great Wall? and the Egyptians their pyramids?"

    "Aliens?"  

    "And then they always say that." Duclet shook her head,   

     Percy had to admit, the place was amazing. But something still bugged him in the back of his mind,

    It's not likely that you will die, you will die !

   Whoever that Ishmael dude was, he was creepy. But there was some...thing  that seemed unnatural about him, and worse, right. Percy didn't know, he'd never even met Gregor, and yet he felt that somewhere in the dark, cavernous world of the Underland, he was in deep trouble. That blank card he dropped, Percy could still feel it in his pocket. Heavier than he remembered.

   "-and here is the palace garden." Duclet's voice broke his thoughts, " We had only finished it yesterday, it contains rare Underland plant life and- Your Majesty."

     Luxa appeared out of nowhere in the garden. Her face had the slightest ghost of redness to it. Her voice was barely emotional. "Greetings, Duclet. Our guest enjoyed the tour I see?"

   "Yes, My Lady, we were just about to finish it with the dungeons. If that be your will Overlander?"

    Before Percy could answer, Luxa interrupted," Perhaps you could show Percy Jackson the dungeons another time? There are certain customs that I would like to discuss with him...Privately."

"Yes, your Majesty." She gave a slight bow to her young queen and nodded to Percy as she walked away. He turned his head back to a frowning Luxa.

 "Why are you here?" She demanded

  Percy took a second, then said "Well, like I said, I came down here to find Greg-"

  "You will not find him here." Luxa interrupted "He is not in the Underland... He should not be."

   "Why not?"  

    Luxa paused, she looked away "Did his family not tell you? The Warrior of Regalia is supposed to be dead."

    Percy was stuned for a second, "Why? What did he do?"

   "Nothing. It was the Prophesy of Time, written by our founder that read the Warrior must be killed. And when G-" Luxa stopped for a moment, "He ... refused the role of Warrior, he was killed... by himself."

     Percy scratched his head," So, you say he's not here because he is... dead... but, in real life, he isn't."

     "I trust him that he could see that... I-"

    She stopped herself, turned away from Percy and took a few steps but did not leave. "You remind me of him, I suppose it is the hair, eyes, accent, such things.

     "Mmm." 

     "However...he was different, refusing to follow orders, uncontrollable mouth..."