I had slipped away as soon as the smoke cleared.

Flashback end

As I walked through the town's busiest street I couldn't help but notice how lively it was. Travelling merchants, dancers, salesmans and chefs all lined the sides of the street, each of them showing off there skills or selling there products. Everything was always so full of life and carefree here. The only thing that people were weary about were the pirates that tended to cause trouble when they passed through.

As I was about to walk into my favourite bar for lunch, 'Tallies Place', I noticed the owner was about to throw some customers out the door.

'Probably didn't pay or started a fight,' I thought as I stepped aside, allowing myself to get injury free from the guys being thrown out.

'If I catch you assholes here again I'll kill the both of you, got it!?' The owner warned as they scurried away.

'Hey Tal. Busy day?' I said as I walked up to the taller male.

'Oh, hey (___)-chan. It's kinda been busy and you know how it goes, as the sun starts to go down the drunkards roll in' he said, rolling his eyes as I giggled.

Tallie was a tall, built man made him look very intemerdating. He wasn't much older than me but his size made me seem like a child compared to his. He had sky blue short hair and big brown eyes which was the only thing that made him seem less scary.

As Tal led me inside the bar I noticed it was very rowdy, as per usual. Tal didn't mind the roughhousing, just as long as they paid and didn't get out of hand, he was okay with it. Other than a few mishaps now and then everything was very lively.

Just like the town outside.

I took my usual seat by the bar. 'The usual, for take away Tal. And can I have a lemonade please' I ordered as Tal walked behind the bar.

'Sure thing, (___)-chan' Tal said as he called over his bartender and told him my drink order.

As the bartender got my drink for me Tal walked into the kitchen to tell the chef my order.

As I waited for my food I felt someone's eyes on me. Knowing perfectly well it was one of the drunkun occupants of the bar I paid no mind to it and sipped on my lemonade.

A few minutes later Tal came back with my order in a box wrapped up in (f/c) cloth. I thanked him, paid for my lunch and headed for the door. On my way to the exit someone slapped my ass and I stopped and turned around.

'Hey girlie~ You wanna come and have fun with me?~' the drunkard slurred as he reached for me.

I smiled as I took his wrist in my hand and flung him out of his seat and out of the door. 'Asshole' I spat as I stepped over his body as I exited the bar and headed home.

I was exhausted from all the running and my body I just wanted to go home and relax. Tomorrow was another day and I could test my new shot gun since I had nothing to do.

After my mother had passed on a few years ago I lived alone. I had never met my father or any other relatives so I'd been on my own since I was seventeen. At the age of twenty one I didn't need to work since my father had left a huge amount of treasure for me and my mother in order to take care of us without him actually being there.

That was the only clue I had ever gotten as to who my father was: A pirate who had obtained a great amount of power and wealth.

It was fun not having any responsibilities at my age but I got bored very quickly due to the lack of work and metal stimulation. So I took up inventing and teaching the local kids.