Apollo

•Enjolras and Grantaire survive the shots, and Enjorlas admits his love for Grantaire, but what he receives in return is not what he was expecting•

Slowly, Enjolras cracked his eyes open. Bright light flooded into his vision, and he snapped his eyes shut again.
He let out a small groan and once again opened his eyes, squinting against the brightness.
His world was upside down and he very quickly realized why. He was stuck, hanging from the top window of the Cafe Musain. He tried to pull himself up, but a pain in his side, and the sensation of his foot falling from where it was holding him up quickly caused him to stop.
"Help!" He croaked, his voice barely above a whisper. It was hoarse from screaming commands at his friends. He cleared his throat and called out again.
"Help!" His voice was stronger. He called again and again, each time his voice grew stronger and louder, until he was full out yelling for help.
He heard a scuffle from above him, and a head poked out of the window.
"Grantaire!" Enjolras exclaimed, relived he was alive.
"Enjolras! Are you okay!" Grantaire called down to him.
"I've got a bullet in my side and am hanging outside a window, what do you think." He growled, his head beginning to pound from all the blood rushing there. "Please pull me up." He said, his voice softening. Grantaire nodded and began to pull him up.
Working together, they were able to get Enjolras safely inside the Cafe.
When he saw what was waiting for him, he wished he could go back out.
Combferre and Joly lay on the floor, lifeless in puddles of their own blood.
Then he realized that he and Grantaire were the only ones left. 
The once proud and stony Enjolras broke.
Everything inside him snapped.
He sobbed.
He had done this to them. He had lit the fire.
Enjolras had led his friends to their bloody deaths.
Standing, he ran a hand through his blood matted curls and began to pace, his tears falling freely and his sobs creating the only sound in the room.
Furious, he walked to the wall and punched it, creating a hole.
Collapsing, he slid down the wall, wrapping his arms around his body, still shaking with uncontrolled sobs.
He felt a hand lightly touch his shoulder. He looked up, and saw Grantaire through the haze of tears.
Between sobs, Enjolras managed to say, "I did this to them. I killed them all."
Grantaire sank to his knees and took the leaders hand in his.
"Not all, Apollo. I'm still here." He said softly.
Enjolras stilled, beginning to realize something that had been there all along.
Something to cause a spark of hope in his dark world.
His love for Grantaire, the messy haired drunk. The cynic, who's only passion was for drinking.
Enjolras loved him.
"And for that I am thankful. Grantaire, I lo..."
His words were cut off by a sharp pain in his stomach. Looking down, he saw a knife embedded to the hilt.
His insides felt like fire, the bullet wound now made larger by the knife pressed into him by his friend.
He began to cough, a racking wet cough that brought up blood.
"Grantaire why?" He asked weakly, his strength beginning to leave.
"Gods can't live on Earth forever." He muttered, pulling the knife out and walking away.
The last thing Enjolras saw before he left the world, was the boy he loved, walking away from him, without a hint of regret.