Chapter 10 ~ Feelings with a Touch of Dinner

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

1) too late ;) and 2) grammar yet again. Can you not find the button to capitalize the first letter of a sentence and the apostrophe?

To: Luce

i dont care enough to find it

From: Luce

*I don't care enough to find it.

     I laughed lightly at her obsession with English and made my way out of the school, still texting with horrible grammar to annoy her. She was so cute when she was... Stop it, dammit! She's your friend. Nothing more. That's it. What the hell is wrong with you, Natsu? 

     I reached my apartment door, opened it and threw my stuff onto the ground, deciding to shower before I go to Lucy's. Stepping into the bathroom, I stripped down and stepped into the burning water. My aching body was instantly hit with relief as the warm water rushed over me. I ran my fingers through my now wet hair, feeling my head clear with the steam.

     Why did I feel so... Attached and warm around Lucy? It wasn't like that when we were kids. We just played on the playground and she helped me with my homework. I helped her learn to train. Igneel and her were the only people I talked to and even then, I wasn't what you called a "social butterfly." And with all the girls and military... Can I really afford to like Lucy even if I did?
I stepped out of the shower, wiping the water droplets off my skin and slipping on a shirt and jeans that weren't covered in sweat and dirty. Picking up my phone and keys, I walked out of my apartment and to the door that led to hers. My fist gently rammed against the wooden door that opened quickly, revealing bright brown eyes and golden hair. 

     "Hey, Natsu!" she smiled and backed away from the door, inviting me inside. I grinned and sat myself down on her small love seat as she walked into the kitchen. "Hungry?" she asked, glancing into cabinets and the refrigerator. 

      I grinned, "Always! Whatcha got Luce?"  

      "Well we've got some chips... and cookies along with some stuff I could make for dinner since it's getting late."

     She glanced back at my excited wide eyes. "Please cook, Luce!" I knew I looked like a puppy begging for a treat but I still remember Lucy's cooking and that's when she was five. She giggled but turned towards the stove and turned it on, getting out ingredients as she did. 

     "So, you still into stuff that sets your tongue on fire?" she glanced back at me, throwing some spices and meats into a skillet on the stove top. Her skilled hands tossed the food up and they all landed back into the skillet with a satisfying sizzle. 

     I sniffed the amazing smells and drifted into the small kitchen area, "Yep! Anything that reminds me of fire I love! I hate my apartment doesn't have a fireplace..." My lips turned down into a frown as I remembered the oddly bare wall where I used to eat my meals. Of course that was before the fiasco of freshmen year. 

     Her laugh pulled me back into reality, "I remember. You used to eat the fire that would sit outside when we camped out. Then I'd wake up freezing and hit you, but you'd stay asleep, grab my hand and pull me in. I hated it, but you were warm so I'd just fall back asleep!" 

     I chuckled, "Luce, I totally wasn't asleep when I did that; you just thought I was which made it all the more satisfying!" She groaned, shot a playful glare at me then continued making whatever she was making. "What are you making, by the way?"

     "You aren't gonna eat blindly like you did when we were kids?" she asked through the laughter, adding another spice and a few leaves of something into the mix, then throwing it into a pan and placing it in the oven. 

     "Well I would, but I'm curious now," I chuckled, "Besides, it smells like heaven and I can't wait to know what it is!"

     She turned back to me, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. She sniffed the air lightly. "How do you smell anything besides onions? That's all I smell." 

Lucy POV

     He laughed, "Dragon senses, 'member?" 

     I nodded and turned back to the oven where the Spicy Chicken Casserole I had just thrown together was baking. It was rising beautifully and the cheese and pepper on top was sizzling with perfect form. I grinned at my own creation, knowing he was going to go into heaven when he tasted it, although I was going to need more milk. "It's gonna take another forty-five minutes or so. So you can stay here and chill or we can go watch TV or I can find a game..." 

     "Oh! Games! I love games!" he yelled and jumped off the chair, running into the hallway. I laughed as he walked back to the kitchen, his head hung, "Oi, Luce... Where are your games at?" I laughed harder, bending over and falling onto the floor. His face was priceless. His lips were curled down into a pout and his eyes were wide like a puppy who couldn't find the door. His childness was showing and it was the funniest thing on this muscular, handsome, hunk who... Ugh. No. 

     I got up, still giggling at his now angry-pout face, and opened a closet door to reveal a bunch of old board games I brought with me from mother's house to father's house and now to here. His eyes widened and sparkled. He grabbed seven and with a plop, sat on the floor in front of my television. "C'mon, Luce! I'm ready!" Still giggling, I sat in front of him and opened up one of the boxes, he quickly set it up and looked into my chocolate eyes. 

     "Let's go! I'm all fired up!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, thanks for reading! It means a lot to me. I'm trying to update once every three days but life just hit me like a ton of bricks but I'm still up and trying to fight. Sorry this chapter was kinda sucky.  

~Melody Elaine

The Tragic Hum Of A Fairy (NaLu Fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें