Chapter 10 | Not for Long

Sitting in her bed Bambi mindlessly scrolled through the channels until she landed on a marathon of Good Times. One of her favorite shows.

It was the Sunday after the chaos that was supposed to be a fun night and Bambi was still feeling bad about how she had reacted. The embarrassment had faded away and now she just wanted to forget it ever happened. She had walked away from worse situations than that so she was simply going to blame her reaction on the liquor in her system. Which was still wasn't a good excuse but she was going to run with it.

"Mike Tyson" Bria yelled from her room and Bambi wanted so bad to be mad but Bria was a fool and she had laugh.

"What girl?" Bambi yelled back.

"I was just making sure you were up"

"you okay?" Bambi asked hearing the pain in her voice.

"I got cramps" Bria whined.

"I'll make you some tea in a little bit"

"okay" Bria said before Bambi could hear her groaning in pain.

Bambi put her attention back on the TV for a little while before she reached under her bed and pulled out the list she had made before coming to school. Looking at Bambi was prepared to just toss it. Now that she was actually in school she knew she couldn't be trying to live her life and have fun based off some list she had written at three in the morning.

Especially after last night Bambi realized shit was just going to happen whether it was on her list or not. Staring at the list for a little while longer Bambi picked up a pen off her nightstand and wrote in another item on the list.

11. Beat a bitch up

Folding the paper back up Bambi stuffed it back under her bed and decided she would keep it for just a little while longer. After watching one episode of Good Times Bambi headed into the kitchen to make both of them some tea.

It was a gloomy day and Bambi had plans on curling up in her bed, making their apartment as cold as it could get and drinking a nice cup of tea.

"Put lemon and honey in mines please"

"we don't have honey"

"okay just lemon" Bambi nodded even though Bria couldn't see her and finished their tea.

Carrying Bria's yellow and green mug into her room Bambi laughed seeing her best friend in a fetal position in the middle of her bed.

"Cramps that bad huh?" Bria looked up and nodded.

"I'm about to make Mac get me pregnant so I don't have to deal with this shit" Bambi didn't even respond.

"Here sit up and drink this, you took some medicine?"

"Yeah I think the tea will help, are you sure you're good? You were on ten last night" Bria sat up and took the mug from Bambi's hands.

"Yeah I was just embarrassed but now I just have to live with it. People are going to talk and eventually it's going to die down"

"you talked to Nate?" Bambi shook her head; she hadn't even thought about him.

"Are you going to?"

"we don't have anything to talk about"

"if you say so" Bria said with a shrug.

"whatever call me if you need something"

"lay with me" Bria asked just as Bambi was about to walk out of the room.

"As long you don't start caressing a bitch like you always do" Bria laughed despite her pain. Ever since she was younger whenever someone would lay next to her she had made a habit of rubbing them in some kind of way.