The Challenge

My alarm doesn't wake me up. No, I've been awake an hour before the alarm was supposed to go off. The reason I am awake, I blame the ass that is cooking in my kitchen. I could smell food and hear everything hit the surface of the counters.

Oh sure, I could leave my room and march into the kitchen. But there was a chance I was going to kill him. But I tell myself not to do it and so I don't.

Turning off my alarm a few minutes before it's supposed to go off. I leave my room all dressed in a dark green suite. Opening the door, Austin is just putting down plates and glasses. He smiles broadly at me, wearing a three peace suite. "Good morning,"

Walking over to the counter, that is between the kitchen and living room. "Good morning," I say back to him.

"Do you drink coffee, milk or juice in the morning?"

"Milk," I tell him. He goes right to the fridge and grabs the milk. "You know, I'm not really sure how this mate thing is supposed to work out; if your my boss." I tell him sitting on one of the stools.

He places a glass of milk in front of me. "Easy, of course. We'll get to see one another every day, so we won't be far from one another."

"You make that sound way to easy. You've seen my mark--"

"We can get that removed," he tell's me again, yet again making it sound way to easy.

Shaking my head, he grabs all of the food and starts putting it on the plates. "It doesn't work like that. My dad is the Alpha of the rogues."

"How can rogues have an Alpha? I mean, they ran from their packs so they wouldn't have to deal with Alpha orders." He tell's me.

"That was the point, but it isn't anymore. Not since the puritey all those years ago. They would rather stay in a pack of out casts then out there against the world. We are more free then a true pack," I tell him. "Many of those of the rogue pack, aren't even allowed to go back to their pack's they left. It was either they stayed away from their packs or get killed. They choice to stay away," I tell him.

I watch as Austin shove food in his mout, as I take more normal sized bites of the food he made. "How do you know so much about this sort of stuff?"

"I do read Austin and--" swolling hard, I keep going on with my words; that slowly kill me inside just thinking them. "My mom was the daughter of the Alpha Micheal of the Wavaro pack."

Austin almost chock's on his own food. He pounds on his chest, trying to get his food down his throat. "Your telling me...that Alpha Micheal is your grandfather?"

Shaking my head, all my hunger is gone. "Yes and he was the man that killed my mother before my eyes. He didn't like it that she was mated to a rogue and had his pup's."

"But he wouldn't had killed you--I mean you are his grand child!"

"It doesn't matter who I am to him. He would still kill me without batting an eye." I tell him truthfully, getting a flash back of that man going after me. Only to be attacked by my dad and his men. But he still got away and he took my mother body with him.

Simpathy and sadness cross over his face. I hated it when people have given me that face, it never makes me feel better after telling them such things. It only made me die a little bit more inside, knowing they feel sorry for me. Everyone has always felt sorry for me, just knowing I seen my mom get killed before my own eyes. Dad has always told me, since that day I have grown a sheild around my heart, never letting anyone inside because they could be taken from me and I never want to feel such pain again. He was right of course. "Nova-"