5 Miles with Wes

Marley’s POV

The next morning I woke up in the living room on the couch, there was a note on my forehead.

‘After the movie you fell asleep and I did not want to wake you. We had to go so I hope you had a good sleep. By the way your blankets are really soft, call you later ~Keaton’ I smiled as I tucked the note away.

I got up and went into the kitchen to see a body face down in a bowl of cereal.

 “Wes?” I asked confused.

“What?” he muttered sleepily with cornflakes stuck to his face.

“What are you doing here, why did you not leave with Drew and Keaton?”

“Huh, we were leaving? I was sleeping in living room I got up to go eat and fell asleep. I thought they were still here…” Wes muttered.

“Well they’re not; I’m surprised they left you.”

“Hum, oh well” Wes said blinking trying to wake himself up.

“So what are your plans today?” I asked pouring some coffee in a mug.

“Well I don’t have anything to do today, again.”

“Same here all I have to do is just move in and relax.”

“Hey we should hang out, we never do that alone” Wes said raising an eyebrow.

“What do you have in mind?”

“I’m going to be submersed in the wilderness, you want to come with?”

“So in other words you’re going jogging in the woods…” I replied.

“Yes but you can get frozen yoghurt or candy after.”

“The fat kid deep inside me likes that idea, I’m coming with you!”

“Go get dressed and I will meet you out at the car in a bit” Wes said taking my coffee.

I walked out to my room and looked through the boxes marked ‘Athletic clothes’ after being a dancer and stuff I have my own box for that. I slipped on a purple cotton tank top, black yoga shorts, my purple and black Nike runners, and grabbed my water bottle. I put on some skin tone corrector cream and tied up my hair in a high ponytail. I put a little mascara and eyeliner and headed outside. Wes sat outside leaning against his car already dressed.

“Did you bring your clothes and that water backpack with you?”

“I don’t leave without it anymore, who knows when you need backpack full of water” Wes smiled throwing his snapback into the back seat. We got into the car and headed off to LA. We were speeding off when a song came on the radio; Wes cheered and turned it up.

“Hey it’s your song?!” I smiled.

‘I love, love, LA

Cause the west coast is the best coast baby

I love, love, LA

& these are the girls that I love the most!

When the sun goes down we'll be getting so high we'll be chilling on the

Beach in the summertime

I love, love, LA

Wake up to California!’

The song played as we sang along and I danced with my arms.

“I love this song so much! You guys are awesome!” I cheered.